We spent the 4th with Preston, Erica, and Sawyer and had a wonderful afternoon and evening! We have grown to absolutely adore this family and just enjoy our friendship with them so much. I don't know if I've posted about them or not, but we met Preston and Erica at the new member's breakfast at our church over a year ago, and hit it off with them really well. We would run into them in passing at church, and finally went over to their house for dinner one evening back in the spring. That night, I just remember laughing my head off with them and feeling like we had known them forever. So fun! Since then, Erica and Preston have joined our BFG and Sawyer and Kendall have become big buddies. Erica stays home with Sawyer, and was very gracious to help keep Kendall during the last month of school when Evan started his new job.
Erica and Preston are both from Louisville (which we are glad because they won't be leaving anytime soon!) and Erica's parents were out of town this weekend, so we crashed their place! Erica's parents have a beautiful home/backyard, and the plan was to let the girls play outside all afternoon. The rain spoiled our fun and we had to move the party inside.
We stuffed our faces with all kinds of food-steaks, potatoes, corn on the cob, watermelon, spinach dip...you name it! I didn't take a picture of it, but I did make a caramel apple pie from scratch for dessert. It was certainly not the Pie Kitchen, but it turned out pretty yummy!
After we ate, the girls ran around in the basement, dancing and having a big time, then Preston popped popcorn in this cool popcorn machine! Kendall and Sawyer enjoyed watching a couple of videos on the theater screen while munching on their popcorn.











4 comments:
YEEEY for dress-up!!!!
Oh, and I want to see a picture of Kendall's new hair cut ASAP...I bet she's a doll :)
Hope you girls have a blast in Arkansas...and come home safe!
I love the tutu pictures.
The dress up pictures are so adorable. Little girls come with some great natural fashion sense!
Leah - she is such a doll baby! I love the dress up pics and her little 4th of July top is precious!
Post a Comment