Somehow, we ended up with very few pictures from the week. You would think that with five sets of rechargeable camera batteries, I would have some ready to go at all times, but that was not the case!
When they arrived on Saturday, we grilled steaks and had baked potatoes and corn on the cob. Evan's precious Uncle Larry and Aunt Loretta always tell this sweet story of how much Evan loved "big corn" when he was a little boy, so when Kendall went for the ear instead of what was cut from the cob, I had to get a picture! Kendall loved it!
Evan's dad spent most of his days at the convention meetings, while Sheila and I took the days at leisure. We did a little shopping here and there, played outside, and took Kendall to the zoo. Sheila also brought her sewing machine to make my kitchen curtains. The fabric is the same that I have on the cornice board in the dining room, but it's a little bit hard to tell which side is the correct side. (Maybe it's reversible???!?!) Anyway, while I was gone to bible study on Thursday morning, Sheila started on the curtains, only to realize that she sewed them on the wrong side! Like I said, it's very difficult to tell which side is which! I felt so horrible because she ended up spending the whole day on a project that shouldn't have taken that long at all. Oh, well. The curtains are great and besides hanging them, that project is finished.
On Tuesday evening, we were invited to dinner at Cheesecake Factory with some of the other pastors from Northwest Arkansas. Of course, Evan and I were thrilled since we love, CF! Kendall, on the other hand, was a mess all night long. She pretty much cried through the whole entire meal and only ate a few french fries, some black beans, and the whipped cream off everyone's cheesecake. I'm just very thankful it was loud in there, because I'm sure many of the guests would have been mad! Evan also decided to branch out and order something different this time, a burrito. Holy Smokes...that was the biggest burrito we've ever seen! (See pictures below of burrito and out-of-sorts child!!)
Nana and PawPaw left this morning, and of course, Kendall has asked several times, "Where's Nana? Where's PawPaw?" We are so thankful for the visit and for a great week!




Tonight, Kendall and I attended Jack and Nathan's birthday party. About 1,000 times a day, Kendall asks me, "Where's Jack?" (Along with "Where's Sawyer?" and "Where's Judah?" and all her other little friends. It's precious. I never get tired of it!) You can only imagine Kendall's excitement when she realized she would get to hang with two of her favorite buddies tonight!
Nathan and Jack have birthdays only a few weeks apart, so their mama's go in halves and do the party together. Perfect idea! This year, it was airplane themed, and crafty ladies Carey and Kedra did a fantastic job, complete with airplane food lunchables for the kids' meal, an airplane cake sitting in clouds, and even the older sisters calling themselves flight attendants! C-U-T-E!!! Kendall was a little overwhelmed at times, but had fun playing in the water and seeing her friends.






ps. Jennifer M, if you read this, I tried your thing with the pictures tonight. It looked like it was working in my edit box, but when I posted, the pictures went everywhere! I'm not very good at it, I guess!
4 comments:
I am so glad they got to come for a visit. I know they really needed it.
I guess I should be offended about the whole comment thing...of course I will read their blog. Thanks for telling me about them.
I'm kidding. It's amazing how much our stories are the same.
Glad to hear that you guys had a great visit! Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment