That is, until she sat in the "dump" part of it, tipped over, and face planted on the concrete! Oh, it was a disaster! Of course, my first cry was, "Check her teeth, check her teeth!" since I have this fear she's going to fall, knock them all out and not have any teeth for all of her toddler years.Her teeth were fine, but she did bust her lip and scrape her nose really badly. Blood was EVERYWHERE!!! Evan and I were so glad that Beth, Kelly, and Carolyn were here, because had they not been, we'd have been in the car on the way to the ER!
We tried our hardest to give Kendall popsicles, ice, Tylenol...you name it, but she would have NONE of it. We finally got her calmed down enough that she fell asleep on Evan and he was able to lay her in the bed. (Which added to all the drama...she was tired anyway from late nights and an exciting weekend with her Pop.) About 15 minutes after the Blackwell's left, Kendall woke up crying, which in turn led to the nap on the couch with mommy. (See two posts down. Thanks to Evan.) :)
This was Kendall after she woke up from her nap:




11 comments:
Poor baby! Poor Evan and Leah. It is so traumatic for parents. And faces do bleed ALOT. I am glad she is feeling better (and the swelling is going down). Have a good week. Lots of hugs your way...I know it was a big weekend for you.
Reba
that looks like it really hurt. hate to tell you this but that will probably be the first of many booboos. at least kids are tough and they heal quickly.
Bless her heart! That looks just awful! I hope she is all better soon!
i am sooooo sorry. you never get used to stuff like that.
oh, my goodness how terrible! The first time is always the hardest...after that they really don't get any eaiser, you just learn how to deal a little better! Good luck!
it's SO hard seeing your baby hurt...especially your baby GIRL...there's just something different about that. hope she's okay!
How funny! Christian got his first busted lip a few weeks ago while playing outside. Fortunately, lips heal really fast!
Bless her sweet little heart!! I hate it when babies get hurt. =(
Oh my goodness!!!! Glad that it has already healed. Poor baby.
Aww, I am glad she is okay!
That does look bad. Poor Kendall! The cleaned up pictures look much better though and I hope by now she is all healed. It's always traumatic to have an injury with blood, especially to the face. Hugs from all of us!!
Post a Comment