Thursday, March 12, 2009

my husband

I think Evan is pretty great.


I don't want to get all mushy-gushy about this, and I don't want to embarrass him, but for my personal memory, I just wanted to blog about the nice things he's been doing lately.

I will be the first to admit that I probably haven't been the easiest person to live with lately. I'm not really sure what the deal is, probably just a combination of a lot of things. Grief, homesickness, an extremely stressful job...makes me super tired and crabby by the end of most days. I don't want to make excuses for my behavior; I just want to be the woman God has called me to be in the midst of my life circumstances. Sometimes, though, it's just SO HARD!



Anyway, as many husbands do, Evan gets the brunt end of it. Instead of getting mad about it, he just loves me more.



On Monday, he painted. See below post. I love my pictures.


On Tuesday, he came to get the 4-Runner while I was at work and filled it with gas. AND left a sweet note.


Today takes the cake. He and Kendall surprised me with pizza and a REAL Coke for lunch. Anyone who will voluntarily come spend a 20 minute lunch with a gajillion wild and crazy middle school kids is amazing in my opinion! :)


And this doesn't even count all the times he sweeps the floor during the week, loads and unloads the dishwasher, makes the bed, etc, etc, etc. All of this on top of going to class/doing all the work that goes along with it, working, and being a GREAT daddy to Kendall.


I feel so undeserving, but am so thankful for a husband who loves me unconditionally. Thank you, Evan for being a real life picture of my Heavenly Father's love!

2 comments:

Adam Holly Grace said...

How sweet! I know I hate that my husband gets the brunt of all my frustrations too....

aunt judy said...

So glad you feel pampered this week.