Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Feeling Creative


One thing I really enjoy is creating.

When it comes to work, I get the most satisfaction out of being able to work on - and complete - a task, and then step back and look at the finished product.

The same holds true for school. I don't really mind writing papers because I enjoy the process of 'turning a phrase' and get excited when I think I've come up with a really good way to communicate a thought.

It's also why I wanted to get a 'fixer-upper' when we were looking at houses. As hard as the work has been, there's just nothing quite like the satisfaction of seeing the end result and knowing that you did it yourself.

Lately, I have been letting my creative juices flow through a brush. Leah bought me a canvas and some paint for valentines day so I could paint a picture for our living room. I was finally able to finish it Monday night (see above left). In the meantime, I bought some watercolor paper and painted these flowers for Leah on Monday while Kendall was napping.

We shouldn't find it surprising that we get pleasure from being creative. Part of our being made in God's image is that we share some of His attributes (albeit in very limited fashion). So, when we use our creativity, we're actually reflecting some of God's glory. How cool is that!

5 comments:

Cassie said... said...

wow, Even your really good! I had no idea you could be so creative

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

Awesome! Very impressed!

Karen L. said...

whoa...

i'm impressed

Joyce said...

What gorgeous pictures! Who knew? I guess Leah did since she got the canvas and paints! As pretty as they are in pictures, I can only imagine how they look in person.

aunt judy said...

Super!