Saturday, February 14, 2009

Anniversary and Valentine's Day

**Edit**Saturday night after my yummy Caramel Apple Pie from the pie kitchen, we made a trip to Target for Evan to get some "hair jelly" as he calls it, and LO AND BEHOLD, there were my LAMPS!!! The same lamps I went all over creation to find, the same lamps I looked for at Target online, the same lamps that about made me have a breakdown! I think I mentioned that they weren't exactly my first choice of lamps, but they were actually less than my budget range, so we snatched those babies up! I'm planning to embellish them a little bit to give them a little ownership. Evan noted that Saturday night was the first time since we moved to Louisville that we could both actually lay in bed and read at the same time!

Evan and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary on Thursday. We didn't celebrate in any huge way, really. We bought a charcoal grill and had a nice steak dinner. On one hand, it's hard to believe that it's been four years since our wedding day, but on the other hand, neither of us can really remember life before marriage. I think that is the way it's supposed to be.


Today is Valentine's Day. Again, no big celebration. The three of us went to help chaperone my school's Valentine Dance last night. At first, Kendall was very overwhelmed with the dark room, strobe light, and crazy kids. She soon found her niche though, and started showing us her moves. We've now seen that she can even do a little break dancing! It's hilarious. I regret now that I didn't take my camera. Evan is actually working today and Kendall and I went to the grocery store this morning. I'm planning a dinner of Swiss steak and hopefully we will head out afterwards to the Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen. That's the plan, anyway.

Evan told me I could buy lamps for our bedroom as my anniversary/V day gift, so I'm on the look-out for those. I've been looking since Christmas for silver lamps with black shades and it's actually been quite the nightmare. One, when you have to get two lamps/shades, it doubles the price and lamps are NOT cheap. Two, everywhere I look, it seems there is only ONE in the style I like. Even at Target. No lie, I finally found a lamp that would work at Target (not my favorite, but would work) and bought it, even though there was only one, thinking I could find another one one of the other 5 Target stores in the area. I went to 4 Target stores and ended up having to return the lamp! Talk about frustrating for this girl who likes to read before going to sleep. Hopefully, I will find something soon.

Here are a couple of pictures of the finished Valentine's dress. I thought it turned out pretty cute!


Happy Valentine's Day!


11 comments:

Jill said...

Hope the 3 of you have a super Valentines day! Can't believe you have been married 4 years! Time flies doesn't it! Love the Valentines dress, it turned out so cute!!!! Enjoy your dinner and ice cream date!!!!

Unknown said...

Kendall looks so big. She looks like a little girl instead of a baby.

Cassie said... said...

she looks like a little angel!

Did you check out target online. Once when I could only find one pillow I wanted from there I was able to get 2 more online. I think they even shipped it to the store for free.

Kari Wright said...

LOVE Kendall's V-day dress..so cute! I can't believe how big she's getting and look at all that hair!

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

You did a great job on the dress! So proud!

We got our bedroom lamps at HobLob. They put them on 50% sometimes.

Reba said...

The dress turned out so cute! I hope you had a happy anniversary and a happy V day...sounds like nice "together" time. I too recommend checking out Target's online store...more likely to find more than one there. :)

Meredith said...

Happy belated anniversary!!!

The Rodgers said...

Leah, it's Tabatha (Stanley) I just love reading your blog! You've inspired me to be a blogger! I love the dress...you are SO creative!!

Meredith said...

Yay on finding the lamps!

The Hickmans said...

Her dress is adorable!

Evan and Leah, will you please read the new post on my blog and be in prayer for our family. Thank you.

The Hickmans said...

Leah, Thank you so much for your comment on my blog and for your thoughts and prayers. Would you mind to also leave a comment on Eli's blog? It is the only way that the entire family can know the love and prayers that go out for them, and they need that right now. I know that every comment will be an encouragment to them. Thank you!