I love "ah-ha" moments. I had one a couple of days ago.
For the past few weeks, preparing meals has triggered major melt-downs for Kendall. Kendall hasn't quite grasped the concept of cooking food in order to be able to eat it and thinks that if we are in the kitchen, it's time for food. She would literally be hanging on my leg, crying her eyes out, or throwing herself on the floor. (I know...you are thinking, the dancing queen??? Really???) :) It was taking both of us, and even one of us trying to play with her/distract her didn't really work because she would somehow find her way back into the kitchen wanting to be in the middle of all the action. Evan and I would literally sit down at the table with sighs of exhaustion from her drama. (She, of course, would happily smile with her plate of food.)
Until I had this "ah-ha" moment, since playing in the plastic wasn't cutting it anymore.
I laughed and told my Aunt Judy that had I told my mom about our nightly drama, she would have already solved our problem with pots and pans. Mom was always good at coming up with solutions to problems!!!
And to answer your questions...
Yes, we listen to a lot of music around here, and it's not always Michael Buble. He and the Dixie Chicks (GASP!) have been my choice around here this week for some reason. Don't you love her random dance breaks in the middle of her playing?!?!?!
Yes, Kendall grazes on the floor. Gross, I know, but what do you do? I think that was just a Cheerio. She's not dead yet!
1 comment:
I am so glad to hear that my son is not the only one who has such a hard time with this concept. Every night I start cooking and my previously happy son throws himself around my leg, convinced he is starving to death (though he just had a snack...and probably ate a thing or two off the floor as well). It exhausts me. Unfortunately, he isn't swayed by any kitchen gadgets. I just keep thinking, "This is only a phase..." Right? :)
Post a Comment