Monday, January 26, 2009

Baths

When I was a little girl,
I used to be afraid
of taking a bath.
I thought,
when the water went out the drain,
that I would go with it!
Glub, Glub!
When Kara and I were little, we had this set of Sesame Street books that had the above poem in it. Mom loved to recite the poem whenever she would give baths. While mom was never physically able to give Kendall a bath, she would come sit in the bathroom while I was bathing her. I would always have Mom "sing the bath song" to Kendall when I got her out of the tub.



Kendall LOVES bath time. The minute the word "bath" comes out of our mouth, Kendall says "Ba" and heads straight to the bathroom door. She will often climb over into the tub with all her clothes on if she beats us to the room! She doesn't have to have a lot of toys to occupy her, usually a cup, washcloth, and the sand pail will do. She will stay in the tub as long as we will let her-usually until her water is cold! She just LOVES it!


We've kept the tradition of the bathtub poem. Evan even sings it, but he likes to change the words. He says, "When I was a little boy, I was NEVER afraid of taking a bath!" I just laugh!
I look forward to the day that Kendall can sing it with us! :)

8 comments:

Cassie said... said...

I love bath pictures! And get a load of all those teeth. I think I need to find a poem that says..."when I was a boy I hated to take baths because I love to be dirty and stinky"

Jill said...

What a great story Leah!!! I love it! I only wish I could get Carter to smile at my camera like Kendall does!!!

Kara said...

She is SO precious! She just gets cuter and cuter! I enjoy your blog a lot!

Cassie said... said...

I hate that I didn't get her pic, I get so busy once everyone gets there that I forget to snap snap snap. Every year I say "next year"...

Unknown said...

She is adorable. She will so appreciate the naked pictures when you show them to her friends when she gets older.

Kari Wright said...

Emma and Grant love bathtime too!! They take baths together now and it's so cute hearing them splash and giggle...they often stay in there until they get what I call "prune fingers" LOL

Adam Holly Grace said...

Love the smile with all the teeth!:)- Holly

The Horton's said...

She looks just like her daddy in these pictures. It's crazy how much she favors him!