Living room before (all we did in here was rip up carpet, paint, and add "our" stuff)....
After... (all these pictures loaded in crazy, and I didn't want to take the time to fix it, so I'll try to narrate a little)...
At some point, I'm going to add a floor lamp with an arm behind the club chair. We need some light in the room that isn't overhead lighting.
Oh, and we got those candlesticks on the Guatemala mission trip a few years ago (I love them and was so happy they survived the plane ride home!). The gate leg table was another thing that belonged to my mom/Mammaw/great-grandmother thing. I love it.

Front door...I'm also going to take down that shelf that looks like a towel bar and put something different there. At first I thought I could hang a throw or something on it, but I've decided I don't like the way that looks right there. I am pretty sure I can scrounge up something to go there without having to buy something else!!!



Isn't that the coolest piece of furniture???? It's a leather ottoman, that has two cubes for seating on the inside, then the lid flips over and becomes a coffee table. It's literally 4 things in one...ottoman, coffee table, seating, AND storage!!! More than practical and well worth the money!!! We normally keep the cubes inside and the "ottoman" side up, but the cubes inside are perfect for extra seating with company OR a a place to prop your feet when sitting in the club chair. The size of it is also great for our not-so-huge living room!!! I'm SOOOO pleased with my purchase!!
Front door...I'm also going to take down that shelf that looks like a towel bar and put something different there. At first I thought I could hang a throw or something on it, but I've decided I don't like the way that looks right there. I am pretty sure I can scrounge up something to go there without having to buy something else!!!
I've been really wanting a couple of new furniture pieces in the last year...one being a new coffee table. I am so excited and proud of my new piece. (Mainly because I worked hard to save money to buy it!) The coffee table that we had belonged to Evan's parents, and while it was probably very pretty in the day, it had seen better days. One end of the coffee table had been chewed up by Evan's roommate's dog when he lived in Mississippi, I accidentally spilled fingernail polish remover on it, AND it had little Kendall scratches and marks all over it!!! Sooo, I was not very sad when the coffee table wouldn't fit in our living room!!!
I really wanted a some sort of leather ottoman, just because something soft seemed more practical with a little one running around. One day, Evan and I were in World Market (a.k.a. my new favorite store) and I found this:
Sooo...that's it. Next up...the bathroom. I can't wait for Evan to show the transformation of it!!!
3 comments:
looks great & I do love the "coffee Table". I got a "new" one at a garage sale a few weeks ago and I forgot to take a picture of it. I will add it to my Christmas blog this evening. Mine is very simple but it was perfect for my GIANT leather LazyBoy.
Love Kendra's curtins too!
Yay it looks awesome! Good work!
Wow-what a difference! The floors are great. Everything looks really comfy and pretty. Love the ottoman and the table from your mom.
Post a Comment