Which do you want first?! (HA!)
Well, I'll give the bad news first! We have been without power since SUNDAY. (It is now Wednesday night, 10:00.) I am actually typing this from a friends' house; we came over to Adam and Holly's to do laundry, eat, and check email. (Well, and just to have some real light and dry my hair with a hairdryer! Ha!) Basically, a wind storm came through Louisville after Hurricane Ike and knocked out about 3/4 of the power in all of Louisville. School has been cancelled all week for both of us. (Had we known before today that I didn't have school for the rest of the week, we would have road tripped to Fayetteville!) :) Anyway, we are surviving. We had to throw out most of the groceries I bought last Thursday because we couldn't find any ice until Tuesday morning. (Yeah, stinks. Like ripping up dollar bills and throwing them out the window!) We were able to salvage some cheese and lunch meat, so at least we've had that! Hopefully, we will get power back soon, but we aren't holding out hope. We've heard it could be 10 days. Just keep us in your prayers!
The good news is that WE ARE CLOSING ON OUR HOUSE ON MONDAY!!! WOO HOO! We are so excited and a little bit nervous. We've got lots of work to do, but Evan and I are looking forward to rolling up our sleeves and getting our hands dirty. We won't officially be in our house until October 10, but will be painting/doing a few repairs for a couple of weeks. I'm sure we will have tons of before/after pictures!
Kendall is hanging tight in all this...she just walks around smiling and jabbering all the time. I think she just likes having her mommy and daddy's attention all the time, since we literally can't do anything! :)
8 comments:
Oh, wow! No power. That is not fun at all. I just lost a trampoline. It is so crazy to me that a hurricane that far away can do so much damage...Anyway, I am sure you are enjoying the time together. :) And yippee on the house!!!
Reba
Wow - I had no idea that Louisville was having problems from Ike. We were so much closer, and it wasn't nearly that bad here. At least you get some time away from school - - will you have to add a week to the end of the year?
Goodness! I'm just glad you are all safe. : )
Oh, I wish you had known about your week off sooner, we would have loved to see Kendal! And you too of course. I can't wait to see what you do with your new house!
I thought we had it bad just being without power all day Sunday!
I am so excited about closing on the house. Can't wait to see pictures.
Joyce
I feel your pain. But...we were only without power for a day and half. Just enough that I only lost 2 gallons of milk which is like gold to us. Luckly we were only on our last 2 gallons. I usually keep 4 in stock. Our's went out Sunday just after midnight. We were able to shower but I went to church with wet hair. I blow dried it once we got there. It's so amazing to realize just how much you depend on it. I would be sitting around thinking of what I could be doing...but then I'd think....nope, need power to do that. We are blessed more than we know. Hang tight.....
Congrats on closing on the house! That's great. I can't wait to see all the pics.
I thought you might have been hit! I am glad you have had a surprise break from school!
Post a Comment