2.) I have broken all but about two fingernails and have a callous on my right hand from using the stapler to decorate the FOUR bulletin boards in my classroom. (Yes, FOUR. The maintenance people came and put up the fourth one in my room on Tuesday. And NONE of the boards are small. I know...I hear the symphony playing behind me!) I have to say that while I love the way a finished bulletin board looks, getting it decorated is WORK. (Maybe I think it's work because I tend to be too picky...I redid three of the sections before I was finally satisfied.)
I'm okay with the way my room turned out. Normally, I pick some sort of theme-be it color or whatever-and go all out with my decorating. I didn't do that this year. Since I didn't really know what kind of space I had until about a week ago, I didn't feel good about going out and buying a bunch of stuff. Plus, I haven't had the time. With the exception of about a yard of fabric and a few new posters, I just used what I already had. It looks alright. I will take my camera to school in the next few days and get some pictures.
I think I mentioned on here before, but our school building was remodeled over the summer. We have kids on Tuesday, and the work is NOT FINISHED!!! I'm a little nervous about that. The building is a lot bigger than KMS, and I can barely find my way to my classroom; I'm not real sure how I will get kids where they need to be! I just have to remember that only three things have to happen on the first day of school...1.) Get them counted for 2.) Get them fed 3.) Get them home. If those three things happen, we are all good!
3.) Because they are all so cute, I wanted to show a picture of the hair bows my mom ordered for Kendall this weekend.
Oh, so precious! Kendall is finally getting enough hair for a bow, and boy does she look cute in them! :) The bows come from this website, and I believe the girl that makes the bows is a former member of our church. These bows are awesome! They pretty much stay in place, are very reasonable in price, and if you order $20 worth, you get free shipping. ($20 will order A LOT of bows on her page!) Anyway, I can't wait for Kendall to wear them! (Especially that little crocheted flower one!)
4.) Evan found this verse the other day and shared it with me.
"I tell you the truth," Jesus said to them, "no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age and, in the age to come, eternal life." Luke 18:29-30
This verse is on the list for memory.
I've written on her many times about how difficult it is sometimes for me to be so far from our family. I'm telling you, though, I have certainly seen the "many times as much in this age" in these days surrounding my birthday. Monday, I got a card in the mail from my friend Wendy (that I haven't talked to in a couple of months). Yesterday, I got an unexpected package of goodies in the mail from Evan's sister, Meredith. (Some were for me, some were for Kendall!) :) Then, today, I walked in the door to find more birthday cards, and this sitting on our kitchen table:
A HUMONGOUS bouquet of GORGEOUS gerbera daisies from my sweet friend, Joyce and her daughter, Taylor. I was seriously in so much shock when I saw the card and read who they were from! I immediately called Joyce and thanked her for such a sweet gift.
All of these tangible reminders are so thoughtful, but I will admit that it makes me feel like a worm, because I am the world's worst at remembering birthdays. I have great intentions, but fail to follow through more often than not. I still have my nephew's birthday card sitting on our desk and his birthday was July 28!
Joyce and Taylor also asked me to paint a canvas for Grace, Taylor's daughter. I've had it finished for about a week now, but have failed to get it in the mail. (Girlies, I hope you like it. The "G" is a little off-centered and it's bugging me. If you want me to redo it, you know I will. I'm also very paranoid that the colors don't match. The yellow looks lighter in person.) After doing this canvas, I figured out several things I will do differently if I ever paint anymore. Thanks, Joyce and Taylor for the fun practice!
5.) After seeing the GORGEOUS flowers, I looked up and saw this drawn on our Dress-Me-Up plate:
I could go on and on about my sweet, precious husband, but I will spare you. He's pretty great and I'm so thankful God gave Him to me. I love him so.
Okay...I'm off to bed now! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday! I didn't get a chance to tell you personally earlier because I was driving, but I hope you have a great day and I'm so glad the flowers turned out!!
The canvas looks great, and I can't wait to see it in her room!!
Love ya,
Taylor
The canvas looks great! I can't wait to see it for real, but there truly is no hurry. The pictures from the park were great, too. I know you all had a good evening. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow! Love ya, Joyce
Happy birthday! I am terrible with birthdays. I mean, really bad. I remember my kids and usually my parents and sis but other than that, nobody's. I am like that too...feel like a terrible friend. One friend has a birthday the week (exactly) before me. She tell me happy birthday every year. I totally miss hers every year. :(
I have learned that kids learn no matter how fancy my bb's are. :) With limited time due to your own kids, you just have to change your expectations and at the same time will find that nobody else expected that perfection....
Reba
Oh, one more thing, if you go the Chapman family blog (it is on one of my recent posts), there is a link to the GMA interview. I too cannot say enough about that family and their faith in the worst of times...
Reba
Yeah! A new post! I live to read what you guys are up to. : )
My classroom is coming together too. I have 5 floor to celing bulliten boards in my room, so I know your pain... I run out of ideas soemtimes.. you can only have so many word walls, student work showcase areas and birthdays! lol... Good luck with your new kids. We start back on the 18th.
Can't wait to see the pictures of your room!
Happy late birthday! : )
Post a Comment