Monday, May 5, 2008

Fayetteville Trip Part 1

Evan left bright and early this morning to go fishing with Scottie, Kendall is napping, and I'm waiting on the last load of laundry to finish drying, so I thought I would do a Fayetteville trip update. Maybe this will make for a less-long post when we get back home.

Of course we are glad to be home visiting and have a had a great time so far. Friday night, we went to eat at Venetian Inn with Evan's family. We had a great visit with Uncle Larry and Aunt Loretta. We just love them so much and are always glad to hang out with them. Kendall just ate up the attention! Aunt Loretta had Kendall just smiling and laughing so big on the car trip home and it was SO cute!



Here are a couple of pictures of Evan and Kendall. She sure loves her daddy! The long-lost Razorback hat was found yesterday and Evan was pretty happy. We had been looking for it FOREVER and it was in his dad's office at church. Apparently Kendall was glad Evan found it, too! She was having fun playing with it.




Yesterday we met up with Mrs. Norma to take Kendall's 6 month pictures. We tried to do it Saturday morning, but it was very cold and windy. Yesterday was a much better day to be outside. Somehow Kendall ended up with NO nap before picture time, so she wasn't exactly full of smiles. She never really got cranky; she was just pretty dazed the whole time. I'm still anxious to see how the pictures turned out. Mrs. Norma used three cameras, one of which was a film camera, so I'm headed to Wal-Mar after Kendall wakes to get a sneak peek!

When we come home, one thing we are always reminded of is how God has certainly blessed us with an abundance of great, solid, lifelong friends. I get teary-eyed just typing about this! Before we moved to Louisville, we had about 6 couples that we did things with on a regular basis and it's so great to come home and spend time with each of them. (Two of which are on a cruise together this week, so we won't get to see them much!) Evan and I were talking last night about how we have a comfort level with these folks that just can't be explained. It's awesome!

Saturday night we got to hang out with Scottie, Allyce, and Henry. We just love the three of them! Scottie and Allyce have been our mentors and encouragement since Evan and I began dating. (Well, really before that for Evan.) They know more dirt on us and still love us the same! We got to be a part of a neat ministry opportunity with them Saturday night of which I am thankful, too. It's funny because I thought when we left Louisville, we were taking a ten day vacation from that part of our life, but not so! God is at work all the time, all around us and it's just neat to watch!

Last night, we went over to Brian and Kendra's house for dinner. Brent, Carrie, and their kids came over, too. Kendra cooked a yummy meal (and a wonderful strawberry pie that Miss Piggy here ate three pieces of!) It's been quite a while since we've seen Brent and Carrie, so Evan's eyes about bugged out of his head when he saw their daughter, Reese! He couldn't believe how big she was! Brian and Brent are twins, and sometimes I wonder if Evan got separated at birth from them because they all act JUST alike! The three of them together make me laugh so hard. I think seeing 30 year old men run around the house shooting each other with Nerf guns will do that to you!

Kadyn and Reese decided they would pretend like they were babies and get in Kendall's car seat! So funny! They just loved Kendall and could hardly stay out of her face!

It amazes me that when you get 5 kids and a 6 month old together, it takes less than 10 seconds for your house to look like a tornado hit it!!! Poor Kendra and Carrie trying to get everything picked up last night! The boys were playing in Asher's costumes and somehow Kendall ended up picking up the Darth Vader mask. Watching her figure this thing out was cracking me up!

Evan was so excited that Kendra had a Johnny Jump Up for Kendall to play in. He always wanted one for her, although they kind-of scare me. (I don't even know if they make them anymore!) She liked it for a little while, but I think having NO nap all day was really getting to her the time we finally put her in it to play! Plus, Asher wanted to "swing" her, and she didn't like that so much! :)

Well, the dryer just buzzed, so I guess I should go get the rest of the clothes! I'm sure there is more fun to come from our visit to Arkansas!





6 comments:

The Hickmans said...

I'm so glad you are having a great time visiting. It was good to see you yesterday at church- Kendall was adorable!!

Kari Wright said...

Glad you're having a good time in Arkansas! Are you coming down to Mere's while you're here? I would love to see Miss Kendall again..maybe for more than 5 min. this time! To answer your question..I got that diaper cover/tutu when I went to the Inviting Company (stationary/plates etc.) sale in Little Rock. They had some random bags and those cute little outfits...it actually has a shirt that matched that wasn't in the picture. The brand was Rub A Dub Dub if that helps...not sure if you could find one online or not.

ashleydiggs said...

YEAH for Arkansas!!! The Johnny Jumpups scare me too!

The "W" Family said...

Glad you all are having a good time. I got to help keep Kendall in the nursury on Sunday. She is so cute! She was a hungry gal! We had fun playing with her. Enjoy your time here!

Lindsey said...

I love love love that sweet little bonnet!

Campbell Crusade said...

Great picts!! Kendall looks great.. and very healthy, too! She is such a doll. It was so good to see you and Evan last night, but definetely missed seeing that baby. But the pictures are the next best thing! Hope you all made it back home safely. Will look forward to seeing you all next time!
Hugs, Miranda