Monday, May 12, 2008

Fayetteville Trip Part 2

I failed to do a very good job with my camera the rest of the week, so there isn't a very big variety of pictures this time!

We spent a lot of time visiting friends throughout the rest of the week. I spent one morning at J.O. Kelly, where it was good to see all my teacher friends. I am still thankful for the 5 years I spent at that school, among such a great camaraderie of co-workers. Each time I go back to visit, I feel like I'm visiting family! Kendra and I got to have a kid-free lunch/shopping one day which was a lot of fun, too. Of course, we always enjoy our evenings with Scottie, Allyce, and Henry and are more than thankful for their friendship!

We spent this past weekend in Hot Springs for Matt and Kim's wedding. Our b-i-l, Justin, graciously let us stay at his family's condo for the weekend. We had a great time being with our family, especially seeing the cousins play together. Being with the boys this weekend showed me that Kendall is ready for some play dates. (I'll be calling you soon, 9th & O girls!) Sunday morning, Thomas and Kendall were playing in the floor and Kendall had a set of toy keys. Thomas of course wanted to play with them too, so he reached out and grabbed them from Kendall. So Kendall reached out and grabbed them back. Thomas then grabbed the keys back from Kendall. Kendall looks up at Evan and me with a look on her face like, "Would one of y'all come down here and help me?!?!?!" Graham, being the peace-maker, walks over and takes the keys from Thomas, gives them back to Kendall, and hands Thomas a block. Thomas quickly decides that he doesn't want the block, he wants the keys, and it starts all over again! It was actually pretty funny to watch!

My first Mother's Day was wonderful. Evan surprised me with John MacArthur's book, Twelve Extraordinary Women. I think he was a little afraid I wouldn't like the book, but I thought it was very thoughtful. He wrote a very sweet note inside the book that I will cherish forever! I have a very sweet husband and I am thankful for the way he takes care of Kendall and me!

My parents drove over to Hot Springs to see us this weekend, too. They didn't get to stay for a long time, but I was glad to see them and I know they were glad to see Kendall. I will look forward to spending some time with them at the end of the month!

Kendall started making a "ba-ba-ba" sound over the weekend. It's the cutest thing ever! She sucks her bottom lip in when she does it and it looks like a little old man without any teeth! ADORABLE! She is sitting up really well on her own and is rolling and scooting herself all over the place. She will be crawling before we know it!

On another note...my hometown got hit by some devastating tornadoes over the weekend. My grandparents are okay and thankfully didn't see a lot of damage, since they are about 10 miles outside of town. I think they went without power for a while (and still may be without power, not too sure) but that's it. I haven't heard from any of my friends or their families that are still in the area, but am praying they are all okay. I know it must have been a scary evening for all!

Okay, I'm sure I am forgetting a few things, but it's late and I'm tired. I was sad to leave Fayetteville this morning, but am glad to be back in our own space! I know my own bed will feel good tonight!

Here are pictures from the rest of our week!









4 comments:

Kara said...

I absolutely love her 6 month pictures. I knew you were down and thought of you when those tornadoes hit. Scary. I guess you saw Ben's sister Heather sing at the wedding. Ben grew up with Kim and we were sad that we didn't get to make it to the wedding. That would have been cool to see you there-I would have been so surprised!

Jessica said...

I love Kendall's bonnet! : )

The Huneycutt Family said...

I'm so glad you had a great time in Fayetteville. I leave for Louisville tomorrow night. I would love to see you while I'm there!!

The Hickmans said...

I'm so glad you had such a good trip and are safely home!