I have to say, I am glad I decided to go ahead and put her in the nursery. I can tell that Kendall is becoming very aware of her surroundings. We went over to Ben and Kristina's house last night to eat and while she smiled and was fun, I think she could tell that she wasn't at home and it wasn't just mommy had daddy holding her and talking to her. I want her to be okay with other people...while Evan and I will always be the ones who can care for her best, there are other people who are capable of caring for Kendall as well!
Kendall also has started a new trick this last week...laughing out loud. ADORABLE!!! Maybe we can get it on video at some point. She is really wanting to roll over, too. She kicks her legs and pushes off like crazy.
Oh, and I also want to throw in an "edit" about my "Priorities" post.
I think I said this in my writing, but I want to reiterate that by no means do I think that Internet, blogging, email, crafts, etc. are bad. I also don't think it's wrong to post about our families, hobbies, or just life in general. Especially for us, it's a way for our friends/family in AR to know what is going on and to see Kendall grow. My conviction is mainly just a time issue-something that is a constant battle in my life. If the Internet weren't taking up too much time, I know I would find something else to keep me from spending time alone with God. I am sure many of you guys find yourself in the same place...I know it's a constant conversation at our house! Just wanted to make that clear!!!
7 comments:
I LOVE your headline! LOL! Good job!
Kara Dial
I really enjoyed Evan's "poop player kid" story,he is well on his way to being a pastor when he can see sermon ideas in such a creative way. Leah, I totally relate to your time issues, sometimes I find myself not having time for my Bible study, but I sure found time to be on-line! Thanks for sharing your convictions.
Oh, Leah, I should have told you...I completely understood about the priorities. I don't think I said that right either. I am SO convicted on my Internet time. I do actually do some praying and stuff with the Internet (caringbridge friends and adoptions) but I also know that I mindlessly wander the Internet. I think I use it as an escape from doing the things I need to do. It required so little thought on my part. Yet, I have done a poor job of finding time for God recently (other than praying). I am glad you posted. I really need to do better myself. :)
Glad to hear her nursery experience went well! See, that wasn't too bad after all =)
I also new what you meant in your "priorities" post. You were just expressing your heart and I think many can relate and agree with what you said. I agree, there is absolutely nothing wrong with blogging, internet... but there is when you allow it to take the place of something more important (such as time alone with the Lord, your family...). Like Catherine had said before, it is neat to see how the Lord can use blogging to speak to others. I know he has spoken thru you and Evan to me several times. I love reading your blog. I hope to catch up with mine soon... especially start a photography one with some of my favorite picts from previous shoots!
I am so glad that Kendall did well in the nursery. It makes it easier on Mama, too! :)
Yeah for Kendall! I'm glad she did well!
I'm proud of you for doing the nursery thing! It will be much easier next time. I really appreciate your priorities posting. I also appreciate all the comments. It sometimes really helps to know that others have the same struggles. We used to talk about that a lot at Carolyn's house; without that special group, I often feel like I'm just out there plodding along on my own. I figure everyone else is bound to be doing it better than me.
Post a Comment