So, I spent the last hour while Kendall was napping trying to get a Holiday post done, and for some reason, it didn't save. UGGHH...
Anyway, here it is in a nutshell...
After I finally came to terms with not being in Arkansas for Christmas, we had a GREAT holiday. Christmas was quiet, but Evan, Kendall and I enjoyed celebrating Jesus' Birthday as a family of three. We have spent the last two weeks cooking, eating, watching movies, making new friends, starting new family traditions and keeping old ones, learning more about Louisville, and more! While "hustle and bustle" is fun, we've about decided that being "at home" on Christmas is the way to go!
It's New Year's Day-we watched the Hogs get stomped and I've got our black-eyed peas and greens going for fun (we know we aren't "lucky," we are blessed), and it's freezing cold with a few snow flurries here! As I look back on 2007, I am so thankful for the lessons God taught me (a whole other post...maybe someday I'll have time to sit and share) and look forward to drawing closer to Him in 2008!
Here are some pictures of the last two weeks!


5 comments:
I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas. I think I would like to try staying at home one year. It sounds very relaxing compared to our schedule this year. I have to get one of those pics of Kendall in her red with her beautiful blue eyes!
Of course I remember you! How are you doing? Do you like living in Kentucky? It is great to hear from you. Keep in touch. I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
I adore the card to your neighbors! How wonderfully festive! I love the Kendall
"close ups" when you can really see her eyes. : ) Happy New Years!
What a great guy...he is welcome to come take my tree down. I am totally dreading it. I love the pictures...she is just precious. I am glad you have had a good holiday at home...we tried doing the travel thing at Christmas the first few years with kids. Now our rule is to be at home on Christmas morning. We sometimes travel after that, but we are at home that day...and having your own traditions is important too! Happy New Year!
Those pictures are great! She has such beautiful expressions.
Post a Comment