I'm not real sure why I've been so disappointed about this visit, I really haven't had my hopes up about going into labor earlier than my due date anyway, and even from the very beginning of my pregnancy thought it would be kind-of cool if I went a week over because the baby would be born on Evan's 30th birthday. I think today it was just frustrating because a few weeks ago, he seemed pretty big on inducing on the 24th, and I was seeing an end in sight. Adding another week to that is a little discouraging, being that I am pretty tired of being pregnant and am just ready to have that little baby in my arms. Also, Dr. Forrester seemed really unsure about inducing next week or waiting another week after that and when he said, "We can talk about it at your appointment next week and then YOU can make a decision," it just kind-of got me. (The doctor event thought I was about to cry and handed me a box of tissues. I held it in, though!!!) I just really don't want to have to make a decision about inducing at all! I want the baby to come when he/she is ready, but I really want him/her to be ready before the last week in October! The thought of being pregnant another week at this point is just frustrating!!!
So, I've just started praying that this baby will come BEFORE next Tuesday, that way NOBODY has to make a decision about when to induce. To all my praying friends, will you pray with me?!?!? I guess until then, I will keep walking and eating spicy foods. Tonight we had chili (like it's cold enough for it) and tomorrow it's quesadillas!!! Maybe that will speed up the process some!!!
In addition to being bummed out about all that, I also have developed a VERY scratchy throat over the last couple of days and am wondering if it is the on-set of a sinus infection, since that's how mine usually begin. Dr. Forrester looked at my throat when I was in there today and said it wasn't infected, so I am just praying it doesn't escalate into anything more. I totally don't want to be sick while I am giving birth!!!
On another note, I have to share a cute nephew story. My mom called this afternoon because she went to Jonesboro to read to Jackson's preschool class and to watch Coby play football this evening. (For those of you who don't know, those are my sister's kiddos.) Anyway, Jackson had no idea that Mom was coming to read, so when she walked in, he was completely surprised and excited. Mom said that Jackson introduced her to ALL his friends in his class. She also stayed to have lunch with him and took some pictures of Jackson and all his classmates. Anyway, she said, "Jackson, go stand by your teacher and let me take a picture of you with your teacher." Very willingly, Jackson went and had his picture made with his teacher. When mom finished taking the picture Jackson said, "Okay, Maw-Maw, you go stand by my teacher and let me take your picture with her, too!" So, mom had to go stand by Jackson's teacher to have her picture made! Too precious! I know Mom had a fun day with her boys!!!
Sorry for the book and being such a "Debbie Downer." I guess I just needed to get all that off my chest tonight!
6 comments:
I'm praying, girl! Before Tuesday... I know you are SOOO ready. The end is in sight. : ) And then... baby Smith!! Yeah!!!
I will definately be praying for you. I know how anxious and emotional the last couple of weeks are. Even a day late seems like an eternity!
I'll keep you in my prayers! I'm sure you're ready to get this part of motherhood behind you, and get on with life! In the mean time, enjoy the spicy food!!!
Yes, like Kellye said, enjoy the spicy food while you can because baby may not when he/she is here! (At least for the first 3 or 4 months- I think it goes in your milk and causes babies to have upset bellies. But maybe not for all-- I know it burned my baby's bottoms if I ate spagetti or salsa...anything acidic.) Just an FYI that you may already know!
I will be praying that you have the baby soon.. specifically before next Tues. But God already has the day picked out and His way is best!
I can't wait!!!!!
I will be praying too. I know how hard that end of pregnancy is. Maybe you don't have to completely decide by next Tuesday...you can just wait and see what the doctor says and let God lead you. (Easier said than done :) Anyway, there IS an end in sight...you won't be pregnant forever, I promise. :) (By the way, I was told to walk around our neighborhood, one foot on the curb, one foot off. I could only do it at night because it was kind of embarrassing. I don't think it worked though.)
Reba
Ok Leah, let's pray that baby OUT-ha! I know how frustrating it can be for the doctor to give you contradicting info at those last few appointments. I had the same thing happen to me with Graham. Hang in there sweetie!
Post a Comment