I went to the doctor today for my first real "check" and Strep B test today. Dr. Forrester said that I was 60% effaced, 1.5 cm dilated, and station -1 (which I think has to do with the position of the head...not real sure...anyway, I think it's supposed to be at a -2 for delivery). Anyway, I was pleased with my progress, although I am not getting my hopes up because I am sure I will probably be about the same when he checks me next week!
I am extremely tired today...I went to the zoo with Julie Largent (well, really, a bunch of the moms from church-it was a preschool play day) and walked around in the blazing heat all morning. Even though is was pretty much scorching outside, I still had a great time getting to know some people a little better. The pre-school director at our church, Beth Blackwell, is AWESOME!!! I can't say enough wonderful things about her and her ministry at 9th and O. She just has this way of making you feel like you've known her forever, not to mention that the kids LOVE her! I had to leave the zoo a little early to make it to my doctor's appointment, then went straight to tutoring from there. I came home, finished making dinner (thank heavens for crock-pots!) and now I am just about ready to crash!!! Evan went to the library at the school to check it all out a little bit ago. He asked if I wanted to go, but I said "No way...I can't even think about being on my feet anymore today!"
Sorry I still haven't posted a belly picture! Evan took one Sunday but we both kind of looked at it and snarled our noses up. It was just gross!!! Maybe later this week... :)
3 comments:
The zoo sounds like fun! Blazing heat? Today is was chilly and rained all day. Fall is here! I posted Open House pics for you! : )
YAY for progress! Sounds like baby Smith might be here a little early. :) I bet the all that walking helped things along. Try to get some rest today.
Hey, at least you're progressing! That's great; we'll be praying for you as your delivery is nearing.
Post a Comment