Monday, August 13, 2007

Home Sweet Home!

























We survived another week in Louisville!

Evan and I had a good weekend, although he was a little bummed out because he didn't have anything outside to do! Since Evan is working from home and spends most of his time in the apartment during the week, it makes relaxing at home on the weekend a little difficult for him. So far, we have found two parks close to our apartment (within driving distance) and went out to walk at one of them Saturday evening. This particular one also has a public golf course, so hopefully Evan will get to go play some. It was a surprisingly nice evening-not too terribly humid, which made for a great walk.

We also had some visitors on Saturday-Mike, Tricia, Hannah, and Joshua Wakefield came by to see us for a couple of hours. For those of you who don't know this family, Mike was my youth minister growing up and I babysat their kids all the time. Anyway, the Wakefield's are just a really special family to me and are becoming that to Evan, too. They actually live in Nashville, but Mike was doing a conference somewhere about an hour from here, so they drove in Saturday morning to see the Louisville Slugger Museum and then came over to hang out with us that afternoon. We had a great visit and it's always nice to see familiar faces!

We went back to Ninth and O Baptist Church Sunday morning and again that evening. They were presenting their summer children's musical last night. It was pretty cute. After church, Evan and I did a Target run and then were invited back over to Gibson and Julie's house to hang out and eat leftovers with them. (We did take some ice cream to share!) This family has really been a blessing to us-helping us get plugged in and telling us about different places in the city. Julie is teaching a bible study at church on Thursday mornings that begins soon, and I am planning on getting signed up to attend. I think it will be a great way to meet some ladies and hopefully build some friendships.

The interview on Friday at the Huntington Learning Center went really well and I will start training there tomorrow. I am really glad to have something that will get me out and about a little bit.

I guess that is about all for now...I am posting apartment pictures with this entry. Obviously, you will be able to tell that the nursery is not finished. I still need some pillows for the twin bed and I am working on a couple of things for the wall. Sheila did a great job with all the bedding and curtains-I think they look fabulous and it was exactly what I wanted. If the baby is a boy, I want to add some red accents and if it is a girl, pink accents will be added, so really, the room won't be completely finished until after the baby is here. As far as the rest of the apartment goes, we are working on getting new drapes (solid green) for the living room and the dining room (if you want to call it that) needs some work, too. There is a big blank wall that needs something on it, I just can't decide what. The apartment is small and there are some tight places, (Evan's "office" in our bedroom) but it works for now and we couldn't be happier with our new home.

Oh, one more thing before I go...if you think about it, will you please pray about the situation with our car? Most of you know, but we ended up leaving my car behind in Fayetteville and really need to get rid of it. We would love for it to sell, but realize that may not happen, so we just need wisdom in what to do with it!

Thanks a bunch!

7 comments:

Gary and Kellye said...

The apartment looks wonderful! It looks really spacious, and I love the nursery! We miss you guys.

Meredith said...

Everything looks great! The nursery already looks too cute. It won't be long now before you can add those final touches! :) Congratulations on the job. That sounds like a really good situation for you. Love you!

Brad & Heather said...

ADORABLE!!! you have such a great "leah" flare :)

Brad & Heather said...

ADORABLE!!! you have such a great "leah" flare :)

Anonymous said...

Leah, the apartment looks beautiful! I am impressed. Can you come to DC to help us? Hehehe...

Jessica said...

Did you paint, or was the aparmtent the perfect shade of taupe?? : ) Love the nursery. Black and white is so trendy right now. I prayed really hard for the interview- so glad it worked out!

The Hickmans said...

Wow, you've been busy!! I am very impressed at everything you have done already. When I was pregnant, I didn't feel like doing anything. The apartment looks adorable; you have great style. We miss ya'll, Amy and Zack