Evan took up running as a hobby a few years ago, and over time has become pretty serious about it. It's kind-of funny how this hobby started...really, just a lot of him sitting around eating ice cream and complaining about how his clothes didn't fit. :)
A few weeks ago, Evan ran a 1/2 marathon. He set a personal record and finished in under 43 minutes. This race was a fundraiser for Arkansas Children's Hospital, and he ran as an Angel, raising over $500. I was super proud of him!
I also hit a goal...I ran my first race ever--a 5k glow run the night before. I have to say that I have never ever been a runner. Honestly, I don't really love it, but I do it because it is a quick and relatively painless exercise that I can do outside. I would much rather go on a long, leisurely walk but with homeschooling and three kids...well...who has time for that?! I am not very fast at all and just hoped to finish in 35 minutes and I finished in under 33! For my first race ever, I was really proud and would definitely do it again.
Thanks to my sweet husband for signing me up and waiting for me with our kiddos at the finish line!

1 comment:
Way to go Leah! I'm not a runner, either, so I'm very impressed. Miss you all!
Post a Comment