Back in the spring, Kendall shared with us that she had made the decision to follow Christ with her life. I can't even begin to explain our joy and excitement as we rejoiced with her. God answered the single, most important prayer for our oldest child! After she shared her decision with us, (that it happened in the car on the way to visit the grandparents one weekend) we soon purchased a kid-friendly Bible study that would help her understand her decision more. Through conversations with her, working through the study, and the Holy Spirit working in her life, Kendall decided she was ready to make her decision public through baptism. Evan baptized her in a sweet Sunday morning service on July 20.
We are so proud of Kendall and are continually seeing evidence of Christ at work in her. One day, I was having a particularly rough afternoon and she sensed it. She came to me and said, "Mama, is it okay if I pray with you right now?" We are constantly talking about what Christ-like behavior looks like and she is (most of the time) quick to show it. She also asks me a lot about her friends and if they know Jesus and we talk about ways to share Jesus with them. I love that she wants her little light to shine!







No comments:
Post a Comment