This precious boy is SIX months old!!!
Barrett is such a sweet little guy and we are having so much fun watching him grow. At his 6 month check-up, Barrett weighed 18 pounds and 4 ounces and was 27 inches. His growth is slowing down a little bit, but it is because he is becoming much more mobile! Barrett can roll over both ways, sit up (can't get into the sitting position yet, but can sit for long periods) and is even getting up on his knees and rocking like he is about to crawl.
We have started solid foods, but he hasn't been such a fan. The girls got the hang of it rather quickly and it is just taking Barrett much longer. For the longest (a couple of weeks) he wouldn't swallow ANYTHING. I finally gave him a bit of mashed banana and he took it very well. I never gave the girls fruits until we had mastered all the veggies, but every baby is just so different! Besides the banana, Barrett has tried squash, peas, and cereal. (He is not a fan of plain cereal.) We have no consistent schedule with solids, either. Some days he might get two meals, some days he might get one, and then occasionally there are days like yesterday where he got none!
Barrett is an okay sleeper. We still aren't getting 10-12 hour nights really, but I am okay with that. He usually goes to bed very easily between 7 and 8. I feed him (basically he is still asleep) whenever I go to bed (which is usually 10-11) and then he will sleep anywhere from 5-7. Lately, he's been waking up a lot between 5-6, but I feed him and he goes right back to sleep until 7-8. I try for him to have two naps during the day, and if we are home he usually follows that routine. On the days we have to be out and about, he just naps whenever and where-ever! He has had a few days here and there of just endless crying. I am guessing it is teeth. He has swollen gums, but nothing popping through just yet.
The girls are just great with him. Kendall is "little mama" and so nurturing. She likes to get him out of the bed in the morning and play with him a little bit before he eats. Arden likes to talk to him and make him smile. She says, "Hi, Barrett-buddy!" in this voice that just cracks us up. Arden helps by throwing away diapers, fetching/giving pacifiers, and playing with him. Lately, she's gotten a little bit rough with him but nothing too out of control.
Barrett loves to be outside! If he is crying, you can walk outside with him and he immediately stops. He likes to play with a little toy camera that plays different songs. Barrett wears 6-9 month clothes and size 3 diapers.
Six months is bitter-sweet for this mama! I love watching him grow but the time passes so quickly!

No comments:
Post a Comment