What fun we had hosting Trunk or Treat at our church again this year on Halloween!
I was super excited to utilize the Garland County Library's costume closet again this year. It opens the last Saturday of September, and we just made a fun morning of it! My sweet cousin Faith (who is at OBU this year and we are LOVING having her so close!) came costume hunting with us. We made a Starbucks stop, then made our way to the library. How excited was I to find costumes that were matchy-matchy?! We sort-of had to talk Kendall into the flower one, but she ended up loving it! They looked SO cute together! It's hard to tell in this picture, but I glittered them up and gave them some fun make-up for the night.
Evan and I threw together costumes at the very last minute! Evan really wanted a super-hero costume (complete with tights) but couldn't find one in his price range. I wanted to put a bulls-eye on my belly and wear an arrow headband, but I just couldn't get it together, so we opted for the deer and hunter thing. Evan wore camo and I found a tutorial on Pinterest about how to create "deer" makeup. Kendall even helped me gather sticks from the yard for antlers, although they were hard to see so a lot of people thought I was a Pocahontas or a hippie. It was still fun. I already have an idea for ALL of us for next year...maybe I can execute it in time! :)
It was such a fun night! I love seeing people from our community come to an event at our church and am even more thankful that we were able to hand out Bibles to most of these families! Such a great opportunity to love on folks and share Jesus with them!



No comments:
Post a Comment