Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Last Day of School!

First day of PreK May 2013 044

Technically, tomorrow is the last day of school. However, we made this past Friday our last day of school!! Kendall's class was finished with all their learning, and frankly, I was just tired of the hustle and bustle of getting up/getting ready and being so scheduled all day long. I was READY to have my big girl home with me!!!

This year of Pre-K has been WONDERFUL. I really cannot say enough great things about Kendall's sweet little class, her teachers, and how much she's grown. She's counting to 100+, reading books, writing all sorts of things, and is a coloring machine! Kendall knows big concepts and can explain things in great detail. Her little class planted a garden this year and she can tell you all about how plants grow. Such a big thing for a little-bitty mind!

One of my favorite, favorite things about Kendall is how she tells us EVERYTHING that goes on at school. Maybe this is because we ask a lot of questions...I don't know...but I LOVE that she is not afraid to tell us all about her day...when/why she got in trouble (not often), what other kids are saying, what they play, funny things, etc. We've had some very interesting and fun conversations with her and I really hope and pray her desire to keep us informed will continue. (Well, we may just not give her the option! HA!)

We are going to have a GREAT summer! Already, it's been wonderful to set our own schedule and just do what we want to do. We have some fun things planned and I look forward for the opportunity to teach Kendall a few things as well. We are SO GLAD summer is here!!

No comments: