Wow! January 2013 is already over!
The month summed up:
*Girls are sleeping together with little problems. We love listening to them talk and laugh. Arden sometimes gets up more than we'd like, but she's getting there.
*Arden ended up with an ER trip at the beginning of the month due to a majorly smashed finger at Purple Cow. The whole thing was crazy, and we managed to lose a shoe in the process of it all. Thankfully, her finger wasn't broken and she is on the mend, although her finger is still purple and black! She still holds her finger out and says, "Boo-boo finger. Kiss it."
*Evan and Kendall battled a little virus at the beginning of the month. Kendall actually missed the first three days back to school after Christmas break. She is such a sweet little patient who rarely complains! It took Evan several days to bounce back, but I'll even give him some props for not being milking it too much. :) He really worked a lot more than he should have while he was still not feeling well. I'm just glad we are all better!
*I spent one Saturday ALL DAY LONG shopping with my sweet friend Allyce. It was so much fun and I am excited to have her a little closer to do that more often!
*I discovered how to make my own microwave popcorn. I was all excited about my discovery until Aunt Judy burst my bubble and told me this is how it was done when microwaves first came out. :) In all seriousness, though, this is a budget saver because I am a popcorn snob! I really only like Pop Secret's Homestyle and it is like $4 for three bags!
*We also discovered that everyone in our family loves THIS recipe. I didn't follow the instructions very well adapted it a little by leaving out the tomatoes, mixing the enchilada sauce with the meat, and adding some leftover brown rice, but my family ATE.IT.UP. Maybe everyone was extra hungry?!
*Last weekend, I took the girls on a little overnight to Aunt Judy's house. We just needed a little change of scenery and I wanted some help from Faith with craft project. We had fun!
*My dad came to visit one Sunday. We were excited that he brought along my nephew Jackson! Even though Jackson is 5 years older than Kendall, they love each other and have fun playing together. Kendall was SO surprised and excited to see him.
*Arden is becoming really familiar with the potty. We are so proud of her! I am not ready to take her out anywhere without a diaper just yet, but she's doing great! She doesn't want the little potty or the potty seat, either. She just climbs herself right up on the big potty and goes at it. It amazes me! If we are halfway there by her birthday in April, I'll be thrilled.
*In attempt to show more outward expression of love, Evan surprised me with flowers one Friday. So sweet and beautiful! And fun, because the girls thought the flowers were for them!
*Kendall still just LOVES school. She has a hunger for learning things that I hope sticks with her through the rest of her life. She is really interested in words and spelling and is constantly asking "What does ____ spell?" or "How do you spell ____?" While I am not pushing it, I can't wait for her reading to take off. She is going to LOVE reading on her own!
*Arden is talking and singing all the time. I ask her questions all day long just to hear her sweet little voice. It's so precious! Right now, we love it most when she wakes up and says, "I had a dood nap; I want wunch." (I had a good nap and I want lunch, but means she slept well and wants breakfast.) I am still amazed at how much she understands and comprehends and so thankful! It makes communication with her not so frustrating!
*Evan took second place in our church's annual chili cook-off. This is the third time he has made this chili for a cook-off and it has taken second place all three times. I think it's just a second-rate chili,huh? Time for a new recipe, maybe?!
I think that just about sums it up. Looking forward to February!

1 comment:
Sounds like you all had a busy January! On the way to church last night, Emma was reminiscing about swim lesson with Kendall and said, "Mom, we need to Skype with her" - I agree! Love the pictures:)
Post a Comment