Monday, December 3, 2012

Arden-ese



This little bug has become quite the talker! Really, it seems like within the last couple of weeks we are actually having conversations with her. SO SO SO fun. It really hit me the other day when Evan came home for lunch and Arden said, " Ride stroller! Susie!" Of course, not as clearly as it is written, but we knew exactly what she was trying to tell Evan--we walked with Mrs. Susie at the lake that morning. My other favorite conversation was last Thursday...in the middle of the day, out of the blue Arden said, "Tina. Cole. I sweet." Apparently, Arden was remembering the church nursery from the night before, where she cried and cried because Tina was holding Cole. I am still not sure if Arden was telling me she was being sweet (which she most certainly was not!) or just repeating my words of "be kind and sweet"  when I found out about her being a little territorial. Whatever the case, these little conversations are so much fun!


And while on the subject of talking, here are some other words and phrases we hear more frequently:

"yoke" or "yo-yoke"--yogurt

"nanna"--banana

"washy"--lotion or hand soap in a pump

"riddit" and "I frog," all while bouncing on her hands and knees--pretending to be a frog

"make" or "may-nup"--make-up (her make-up is chap stick and and an old eye shadow brush)

"I sad" and "I mad"--the first time we heard this was especially funny because Kendall was crying and upset and Arden pointed at her and said, "Sissy mad."

"monchee"--her special monkey lovey

Arden can't say the K or hard C sound, so they come out like T's or D's. For example "tuptake" is cupcake, "toffee" is coffee, "tiss" is kiss, "Den-dall" is Kendall, and "Dole" is Cole. 

"shoe me"--excuse me

"I soddy"--I'm sorry

"I wad you"--I love you. This one is especially sweet when she adds names on the end. :)

We ask, "What's your name?" and she says, "Arden" in the sweetest voice ever. Then, we say, "What's your middle name?" and she says, "Abidoo." 

"cobers"--covers (We hear this one at night a lot when we are on Kendall's bed for family worship. She wants to be under the covers like her sissy.)

"Awwwww"--This one cracks me up a lot. It's what she says when she doesn't like the answer you give. For example, the other day we were at the post office, and Arden points at our church next door. She says, "Daddy, office!" and I replied with "Daddy isn't at the office today, he's out." Arden says, "Awwwww!"

We say, "Who made you, Arden?" and she says, "Dod made!" for God made me! PRECIOUS.  


No comments: