Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Count Your Blessings!



Today, I wrote entry number 1,000 in my gratitude journal. 

Inspired by a precious friend, I began my journal on April 27, 2011. I became more consistent about writing this past spring, and probably write at least five entries, five days a week. It's not a fancy journal...about 30 sheets of notebook paper (front and back) in the front of a three ring binder. I spent much of my quiet time this morning reading back over the entries and I am completely overwhelmed at God's graciousness to our family in the last year and a half. 

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says, "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." By no means do I think I have arrived, but with confidence I can say that God has grown me TREMENDOUSLY in this area. I am thankful. 


No comments: