Today has been a good day. I am learning that things in our house always run more smoothly when two things happen. 1.) I get up BEFORE my children and 2.) When I am intentional. Oh, these things do not come easily for me, but I am learning. Yes, I am learning!
One of my most favorite things about today was playing hide and seek with the girls. SO FUNNY. Kendall totally "gets" this game and loves it. The most fun part of hide and seek was SCARING Kendall. Surely we are not the only crazy parents who find it hilarious to scare the living daylights out of our kids???? Oh, and they LOVE it. Arden even already knows how to say "boo" to us. So there I was, running around our apartment, hiding behind things and then jumping out to scare Kendall when she got close enough. The laughter coming from her mouth was priceless.
Another super fun thing about today was leaving the girls alone in Kendall's room for a few minutes, then walking back in to find them playing together. Kendall was the doctor and Arden was the patient. Arden let Kendall exam away. Kendall is often too aggressive with Arden, but little moments like these give me hope this forceful stage will pass soon.
On to the Spring Retreat...
This past weekend, Evan planned a retreat for our students. Minus a little miscommunication over our sleeping arrangements (meaning: Evan's description of where the girls and I would be staying was "motel" so I didn't pack any sheets or towels), the weekend was fantastic. Our dear friend, Scottie Johnson came as the speaker, while some students from Ouchita and Henderson came to lead worship and small groups. We took twelve students, and the weekend couldn't have gone any better. The kids were engaged, polite, they didn't complain, and I think they all had a great time!
I took my sweet cousin Faith along to help me with the girls. I'm so glad I did!!! She was a HUGE help and blessing to me over the weekend.
We all thought this sign was AWESOME. :)
Exciting things going on with our students and church. Thankful to be part of this ministry!




No comments:
Post a Comment