Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Life

Arden in a box Kendall and Arden playing in boxes


Life is just happening. All the time, and it seems like there is little time for blogging right now. In one sense I really hate that because I know one day I will look back and wish I had the memories recorded. In another way, I'm too busy making the memories to really care. 

Our apartment is not decorated. Only two of the five windows in the entire place have curtains. My 10 month old is sleeping in the bathroom. I am constantly stepping over toys. I have very few pictures hanging, and even some of those are empty frames waiting to be filled. I would be utterly embarrassed if anyone asked to use the restroom at our house right now. Piles of laundry line the hallway....shall I keep going?! 

You know what is crazy, though? Even with my Type A personality, I really don't care!!! Somehow in the midst of all this chaos of moving and starting a new job, the Lord has given me a great sense of contentment and much needed reminders that I need to ENJOY now. 

So we have been...

 playing in boxes (above pictures), blowing up Ivory soap in the microwave and then playing with the shavings, making cupcakes, eating many meals as a family, watching movies together, playing outside, putting our rain boots on and playing in the muddy driveway, going to the library, coloring, playing board games, reading books, having consistent family worship times, dancing in the kitchen.... 


Things aren't perfect...The girls are wild. Kendall is longing for social interaction. Arden is trying to climb on everything and puts everything in her mouth. I feel like I am constantly chasing her out of the bathroom or trying to keep her out of the trashcan. Kendall has a million questions about letters and numbers and death and heaven and is in and out of dress up clothes all day long. Evan and I are sharing a vehicle and that gets a little crazy at times. We're still working out all the kinks with our second income source......

But really, I can't remember a time I was more content, more satisfied, more hopeful. Thank you, God for the reminders of your faithfulness and goodness. I am so grateful!





2 comments:

Stephanie said...

We have lived in our house for a year and still don't have pictures on the walls! You will get there. What a fun time for your family!

Andrew and Abby said...

Love it!