Sunday, January 8, 2012
Check in
Just wanted to do a quick check-in and say that we are indeed alive and well. We moved all of our belongings last Sunday, and slept our first night in the apartment on Tuesday. The lapse in time was due to the water being shut off and last Monday being a holiday for most. Being that I am posting this from my phone, my plan is to keep this short and sweet, but I do want to write down a few things to remember:
1. The Lord blessed us with a downstairs unit with two bathrooms (we haven't had two bathrooms in four years!) and with ceramic tile and laminate flooring throughout. We have the only unit in the entire complex with that type of flooring. We also lucked up on some nice, nuetral paint colors that make the place feel a little more like home.
2. We are already building a relationship with some of our neighbors. Without going into detail, we just have a great opportunity to love on this family make a lasting friendship. We are super excited!
3. Arden's "room" is the hall bathroom. Crazy, I know, but it's working right now. The intent is for the girls to share a room, but Arden has been waking up some lately, which in turn wakes Kendall up, who then just wants to play with her baby sister. of course I love when they play together, just not at 5 in the morning! I'd been putting Arden's pack-and-play in the bathroom for naps, and using the vent as a noise blocker so Kendall could still play in her room, so tonight we just left it, in hope that EVERYONE will get more sleep. Obviously, not ideal, but i we'll manage.
That's all for now...hopefully we will get internet hooked up soon. This posting from my phone is a little difficult!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Girl I would do the same thing! Use that bathroom! I am so excited about your floors!!!
Post a Comment