Monday, November 14, 2011

Update!

We are here! 

We made it to Arkansas on Saturday afternoon, just in time to watch the Hogs stomp Tennessee that evening. The trip from Louisville here was pretty uneventful, thank goodness, minus some traffic near Brinkley. We left Louisville Friday evening, and drove to Jackson, Tennessee before stopping for the night. Both girls were GREAT in the car, which was a huge answer to prayer considering I was not in any condition to be in the backseat with them, or turning around over and over to help. I'm so thankful for the traveling mercies the Lord granted us. And to think, we did it the old fashioned way, with no DVD player for Kendall. She really traveled amazingly well. 

Our Louisville home has not rented yet, but Evan talked to our property manager today and found out there has been LOTS of interest, and hopefully it's only a matter of days before we have renters.We are hopeful. Many of you know this, many of you probably do not, but until our house rents and we can find a place to live, we are staying with the pastor and his family. They are our age with three children and one on the way. It's only been two days, but it's been an amazing transition. The house has three full bathrooms, which helps tremendously. Kendall, of course, is in heaven because she has instant play mates. While living with another family is not the way I pictured the Lord providing housing for our family, I'm more than grateful and I'm sure will learn many lessons in the process of it all. 

Arden is doing well, too. I had to wean her due to all the high-powered antibiotics from the surgery and she's done great with the transition to formula. She is sleeping REALLY well, even amidst all the transition. She is also crawling everywhere and pulling up onto everything. She turned 7 months old yesterday. When I find my camera cord, I will share some photos. She is such a sweet little thing and showing lots and lots of personality. We love her so much! 

Evan and I can't hardly get over our excitement to FINALLY be here. Evan is spending the day unpacking his new office, and even got to come home for lunch. He also took Kendall back to work with him for a little while before her rest time this afternoon. What a joy! After a year of 10-12 hour days for Evan, this is such refreshment for our little family. We can't wait to see what the future days hold! 




2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, how wonderful! So glad the trip went smoothly. Harbor has never traveled with a DVD player- I'm sure he would like one, but he is still content to read books and look out the window, so we aren't messing with a good thing. Ha! : ) Can I mail your Christmas card to Louisville? Will it forward? Take care!

Andrew and Abby said...

We miss you so much!