Last night, we discovered our HVAC unit frozen again, meaning it needs to be replaced. Of course, this comes as Evan has a realtor coming to "check out" our house today to see where we stand, in case we need to put it on the market. It's also 85 degrees in October.
I found myself telling Kendall "no" from the moment she woke up this morning. Before Evan left, he gathered the three of us together and prayed for our family, because we desperately needed it. Arden, the unpredictable baby, slept through all that.
The realtor arrived 30 minutes early and Kendall talked his ear off. I'm dying as all this is going on, hoping Evan comes quickly because I don't know how in the world I will gather all the information I need to know from the realtor while trying to feed these two children lunch. Thankfully, my hero-husband arrives. What a nice treat to have him HOME for lunch. Especially since it's now 7:20 p.m. as I type this and I have yet to hear from him. Gotta love retail.
Realtor leaves, Arden can't hang any longer so I put her down for what I think will be a cat-nap. I attempt to do a craft with Kendall, but she will NOT follow directions, so I have to pack that activity away. Enter huge melt-down from the big girl. She finally gets it together enough to go play dress-up in her room, and for us to work a puzzle together and read some books. Mind you, it isn't even quite 1:00 p.m. at this point. Arden seems completely out of it, so I decide to put Kendall down for an early rest in hopes to have at least 30-45 minutes of quiet. (I KNEW Kendall wasn't going to sleep today. I saw the signs of a no-nap day early on, and knew the stars weren't in alignment!) Would you believe me if I tell you that not three minutes after I got Kendall settled in for a "rest" and I sat on the couch to read, Arden was making noise in her bed?! Oh yes. Just one of those days! As I peek in on both girls, I find Kendall trying to do headstands in her bed. I guess I'll give it to her for resting quietly. I got Arden out of bed and fed her, then put her down on the floor to play. Walked out of the room, then walked back in to find MY BABY in the sitting position!
That's when it hit me. I needed to enjoy today. I had to find SOMETHING to say "yes" about. Life is way too short to spend the days frustrated about all the things that don't go the way I think they should. Soooo...we packed it up. Ran a couple of errands, got some frozen yogurt, and ended our outing at our favorite park.
It's 7:30. Arden is resting in her bed and Kendall is outside playing with the neighbor kids.
It's been a good day.
I found myself telling Kendall "no" from the moment she woke up this morning. Before Evan left, he gathered the three of us together and prayed for our family, because we desperately needed it. Arden, the unpredictable baby, slept through all that.
The realtor arrived 30 minutes early and Kendall talked his ear off. I'm dying as all this is going on, hoping Evan comes quickly because I don't know how in the world I will gather all the information I need to know from the realtor while trying to feed these two children lunch. Thankfully, my hero-husband arrives. What a nice treat to have him HOME for lunch. Especially since it's now 7:20 p.m. as I type this and I have yet to hear from him. Gotta love retail.
Realtor leaves, Arden can't hang any longer so I put her down for what I think will be a cat-nap. I attempt to do a craft with Kendall, but she will NOT follow directions, so I have to pack that activity away. Enter huge melt-down from the big girl. She finally gets it together enough to go play dress-up in her room, and for us to work a puzzle together and read some books. Mind you, it isn't even quite 1:00 p.m. at this point. Arden seems completely out of it, so I decide to put Kendall down for an early rest in hopes to have at least 30-45 minutes of quiet. (I KNEW Kendall wasn't going to sleep today. I saw the signs of a no-nap day early on, and knew the stars weren't in alignment!) Would you believe me if I tell you that not three minutes after I got Kendall settled in for a "rest" and I sat on the couch to read, Arden was making noise in her bed?! Oh yes. Just one of those days! As I peek in on both girls, I find Kendall trying to do headstands in her bed. I guess I'll give it to her for resting quietly. I got Arden out of bed and fed her, then put her down on the floor to play. Walked out of the room, then walked back in to find MY BABY in the sitting position!
That's when it hit me. I needed to enjoy today. I had to find SOMETHING to say "yes" about. Life is way too short to spend the days frustrated about all the things that don't go the way I think they should. Soooo...we packed it up. Ran a couple of errands, got some frozen yogurt, and ended our outing at our favorite park.
It's 7:30. Arden is resting in her bed and Kendall is outside playing with the neighbor kids.
It's been a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment