If you haven't heard the big news, here you go:
Evan accepted a Student Pastor position!
That's right...we're moving to a little bitty town called Bismarck, Arkansas!!!
When we started on this journey over four years ago, we weren't really sure where the road would take us. We knew Evan needed to finish school and that seminary was in the future, but that was it. Over time, the Lord has shown us our place is in church ministry. Evan and I LOVE serving people and we both have a deep passion for discipleship--I can't think of anything we get more excited about than watching people grow into a deeper relationship with Christ. Through much prayer, many resumes sent, and pursuing many different options, we feel confident that Evan's place is serving on church staff and we are beyond excited about this opportunity. The fact that it is in Arkansas within a few hours of all our family is just an added bonus! We were ready, willing, and prepared to go wherever the Lord opened the next door.
We have just fallen in love with this sweet little church. It's so very different than what we are used to--very small, very traditional--but somehow our family just fits and feels completely at home. Evan will actually be the first paid Student Pastor for this church, which is exciting (and a little overwhelming!) that he'll essentially be building this youth ministry from the ground up. Really, I could go on and on...just lots of great things going on in this place!
I'm not going to lie...I will miss Louisville TERRIBLY! This has become our home! Even though I'm a little flipped out that the nearest Wal-Mart is 20 minutes away, I am looking forward to a change and actually welcoming a slower pace.
If you think about it, please pray for our family in the upcoming weeks of transition. We don't actually have a "set" moving date at the moment, as we are having to work out some kinks with our housing situation. We need to find someone to rent our house in Louisville AND find a place to rent THERE before we can go. This whole thing is somewhat overwhelming to both of us, as it doesn't look as if we will be able to travel back to AR in order to find a place to live. We know God can move mountains and trust that He is at work. We are learning patience every day as we wait, and look forward to Him working in BIG way.
Also, if you are wondering, YES...Seminary is still very much in Evan's future. We will be within driving distance of satellite centers and many classes are offered online. Right now, we are holding off on all that and are hoping/praying for a season of rest for our family.
That's right...we're moving to a little bitty town called Bismarck, Arkansas!!!
When we started on this journey over four years ago, we weren't really sure where the road would take us. We knew Evan needed to finish school and that seminary was in the future, but that was it. Over time, the Lord has shown us our place is in church ministry. Evan and I LOVE serving people and we both have a deep passion for discipleship--I can't think of anything we get more excited about than watching people grow into a deeper relationship with Christ. Through much prayer, many resumes sent, and pursuing many different options, we feel confident that Evan's place is serving on church staff and we are beyond excited about this opportunity. The fact that it is in Arkansas within a few hours of all our family is just an added bonus! We were ready, willing, and prepared to go wherever the Lord opened the next door.
We have just fallen in love with this sweet little church. It's so very different than what we are used to--very small, very traditional--but somehow our family just fits and feels completely at home. Evan will actually be the first paid Student Pastor for this church, which is exciting (and a little overwhelming!) that he'll essentially be building this youth ministry from the ground up. Really, I could go on and on...just lots of great things going on in this place!
I'm not going to lie...I will miss Louisville TERRIBLY! This has become our home! Even though I'm a little flipped out that the nearest Wal-Mart is 20 minutes away, I am looking forward to a change and actually welcoming a slower pace.
If you think about it, please pray for our family in the upcoming weeks of transition. We don't actually have a "set" moving date at the moment, as we are having to work out some kinks with our housing situation. We need to find someone to rent our house in Louisville AND find a place to rent THERE before we can go. This whole thing is somewhat overwhelming to both of us, as it doesn't look as if we will be able to travel back to AR in order to find a place to live. We know God can move mountains and trust that He is at work. We are learning patience every day as we wait, and look forward to Him working in BIG way.
Also, if you are wondering, YES...Seminary is still very much in Evan's future. We will be within driving distance of satellite centers and many classes are offered online. Right now, we are holding off on all that and are hoping/praying for a season of rest for our family.
3 comments:
So thrilled for you! : ) I know you will be so excited to just be settled for a time. Where we live in Detroit, the closest Walmart was 30 minutes away.. but.. they just built a brand new supercenter 5 miles down the road. : ) You do a great job meal planning. I'm sure you will go once a week and get all you need. So happy for you, Leah. : )
Congrats to you guys!! AR will be glad to have you back. Next time you are in Fayetteville, give us a shout!
I just wanted to let you know we are praying for y'all!! I know your trust in the Lord is definitely being tested lately. I really feel for y'all because we KNOW how some of that feels. ( those uncertainties are hard to deal with. Praying that things will pan out for you soon and the Lord will take care of all the details in ways you never imagined! Love ya lady!
Remember I totalled our almost paid off car in the midst of our transition and we had to search for a new car between it all... :)
Post a Comment