Tuesday, September 13, 2011

five months

Arden! You are FIVE MONTHS old today!


Let's see. What happened in a month?


I think the biggest newsworthy event is cutting dairy from my diet to see if it would help your tummy issues and reflux. I cut all milk and cheese, and limit processed dairy foods. I wouldn't go as far as saying you are "cured" but can definitely tell a difference. You still spit, but it seems a little more manageable and your dirty diapers are much more regular than before. I'm not loving the fact that I have to give up so many foods right now, but you are such a good nurser, I hated not to try. I'm thankful my sacrifice is helping you!

You can also roll all over the place! Rolling was somewhat of an adventure for you for a while because you would roll to your belly and get VERY, VERY mad because you didn't want to be on your belly.Then, you would just lie on your belly and scream bloody murder instead of just rolling to your back. This little event was especially fun when you were going to sleep. (Note my sarcasm.) I'm glad we are finally past this and being on your belly isn't so terrible anymore because you waking up in the middle of your naps/night from rolling over was NOT fun for mommy and daddy at all! Now, you genuinely seem happy on your belly and will play on the floor for lengthier periods.

We are having the best time watching you and big sister interact with each other. She LOVES you, and you ADORE her. She speaks and your head turns. She walks in a room and you follow her every move. In fact, the first big, continual belly laugh I heard from you was prompted by Kendall while waiting for your 4 month shots. I hope you grow up to be the best of friends.


You are starting to take a bottle much better, which is wonderful! It makes me not worry so much when I have to leave you and makes getting out and about a little easier as well. You are doing MUCH better at night, too. I changed up your evening routine a little and I think that has helped you. You are also learning how to get your pacifier in and out of your mouth so once you master that technique, I think (hopefully) our nighttime issues will take care of themselves.

You weigh about 15 pounds, wear 3-6 month clothes, and size 2 diapers.

Arden, you are a JOY! While sometimes we like to call you "high maintenance," I'm SO thankful for the lessons I'm learning in the process of parenting you. You are precious, precious, precious to us and we thank God every day for the gift he gave us in you!

3 comments:

Along the Narrow Way said...

I like tuning in to your blog because our babies seem so much alike. I am so glad Arden is doing better. I had to stay off all dairy to help my daughter and now I am starting to eat it again...so I'm praying she's outgrown it!! God bless!

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

Such pretty pics of baby A! What a sweet girl!

hepifamily said...

so sweet