Oh, Arden. I cannot believe three months have passed since your arrival. I'm sure I will say this every month, but it's true. You are growing so quickly!
First, I am extremely happy to say that the evenings of continuous crying have passed! Praise the Lord! I think you finally decided this world is not so bad after all and are showing us what a sweet baby you really are! You still spit up a lot, but I can take the spit-up (most of the time!) if you are happy when doing it!
You really aren't a newborn anymore; we can classify you in the true baby category now! You are holding your head well and are becoming more wiggly by the minute. I swear, we put you down and your legs are running! Your daddy, Kendall and I LOVE to see if we can get smiles and "talking" out of you. Oh, those smiles and little noises are the sweetest! We've even seen you roll over from your tummy to your back a couple of times--once at Papaw's house and once this morning while lying on our bed. You don't exactly love tummy time, but I think it's because you want to roll over so badly, you can't stand it!
I weighed you this morning, and you hit the scales at 13 pounds and 2.5 ounces. I would say you are thriving! Nursing is still going well, except you are starting to get very squirmy. You are a pretty quick eater, so that is a good thing! I still have you wearing 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers, but I think you will push out of those by the first part of August. I've actually already retired a few outfits (sniff, sniff) but haven't pulled out any of the 3-6 month stuff just yet. I'm sure I'll wait until it's absolutely necessary!
You don't really care for the swing, but you do like the Bumbo seat. This is a good thing, as you have a little flat spot on the back of your head that mommy is working hard to make sure it rounds out!
You are still a good sleeper. You can sleep through the night and have done it on several occasions, but still wake up to eat around 3 or 4 sometimes. I'm really okay with this, as I am able to leave you swaddled, nurse on one side, and lay you back in the bed. Because of traveling and the three-month growth spurt, I haven't done anything about the middle of the night feeding just yet, but I'm afraid some sleep training may be required in the future.
Everyday, you look more and more like your daddy. It's really quite funny because we thought Kendall looked so much like Evan when she was a baby, but you favor him even more than she. It's a good thing your daddy is such a good looking guy. :)
Arden Abigail, you really are just the cutest and sweetest thing ever! So thankful for these three months with you!

1 comment:
sooo sweet! she is looking bigger and more grown up every day.
Post a Comment