Arden is one month old TODAY!
We are learning Arden's personality more and more. She is pretty sweet, and the perfect addition to our little family. Arden does what all little babies do--eats and sleeps and that's about it. She is becoming more alert everyday, and we just love it when her little peepers are opened up big.
At first, we thought she looked so much like Kendall. And her very first birth pictures really do favor Kendall a lot. But now, she's coming into her own. Her eyes are not as wide-set as Kendall's eyes, and her eyelashes seem to be a little lighter and shorter. Arden also has more hair on the top of her head than Kendall did, and she doesn't have that crazy cowlick like Kendall. (YAY!)
Arden eats every 2-3 hours during the day, with an occasional four hour stretch. She usually only wakes up once or twice at night, which is pretty good, except during those times when she wakes up, eats, and isn't sleepy. That happened about three times this week, and thankfully Evan stayed up with her a couple of times. I'm pretty sure at this point with Kendall, we were putting her in the crib awake and letting her cry a little bit or sooth herself to sleep, but I haven't done that yet just because our rooms are in such close proximity and I would rather have one baby awake than two. =)
On the subject of eating, I am nursing, and already it's going much better than the last time. I am so so so thankful! Arden is a HUGE spitter, which is something Kendall rarely did. Let's just say there is a LOT more laundry! HA! One day this week, I changed my shirt three times and I think Arden's outfit was changed about five, and we didn't even go anywhere!
I borrowed digital baby scales from a friend of mine in order to keep an eye on Arden's weight gain. Kendall had weight issues around 3-4 months, and I just want to make sure I stay on top of things with Arden. I weighed her on Wednesday, and she was up to 8 pounds, 12 ounces, which is great considering she weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces when we brought her home from the hospital! She is about to push out of newborn diapers, and while a lot of her newborn clothes are getting tight, she is still a little small for 0-3 month stuff. It won't be long, though!
Other fun Arden facts...She really, really, really likes her mommy and I'm okay with that right now, since I know once she starts recognizing Evan and all his silliness, he will become the favorite. =) She hates being buckled into the car seat, but is fine once we get going, and she usually cries a lot from 7 p.m. until her last feeding.
Oh, Arden! The fun has just begun! We love you so much already!
At first, we thought she looked so much like Kendall. And her very first birth pictures really do favor Kendall a lot. But now, she's coming into her own. Her eyes are not as wide-set as Kendall's eyes, and her eyelashes seem to be a little lighter and shorter. Arden also has more hair on the top of her head than Kendall did, and she doesn't have that crazy cowlick like Kendall. (YAY!)
Arden eats every 2-3 hours during the day, with an occasional four hour stretch. She usually only wakes up once or twice at night, which is pretty good, except during those times when she wakes up, eats, and isn't sleepy. That happened about three times this week, and thankfully Evan stayed up with her a couple of times. I'm pretty sure at this point with Kendall, we were putting her in the crib awake and letting her cry a little bit or sooth herself to sleep, but I haven't done that yet just because our rooms are in such close proximity and I would rather have one baby awake than two. =)
On the subject of eating, I am nursing, and already it's going much better than the last time. I am so so so thankful! Arden is a HUGE spitter, which is something Kendall rarely did. Let's just say there is a LOT more laundry! HA! One day this week, I changed my shirt three times and I think Arden's outfit was changed about five, and we didn't even go anywhere!
I borrowed digital baby scales from a friend of mine in order to keep an eye on Arden's weight gain. Kendall had weight issues around 3-4 months, and I just want to make sure I stay on top of things with Arden. I weighed her on Wednesday, and she was up to 8 pounds, 12 ounces, which is great considering she weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces when we brought her home from the hospital! She is about to push out of newborn diapers, and while a lot of her newborn clothes are getting tight, she is still a little small for 0-3 month stuff. It won't be long, though!
Other fun Arden facts...She really, really, really likes her mommy and I'm okay with that right now, since I know once she starts recognizing Evan and all his silliness, he will become the favorite. =) She hates being buckled into the car seat, but is fine once we get going, and she usually cries a lot from 7 p.m. until her last feeding.
Oh, Arden! The fun has just begun! We love you so much already!

2 comments:
One month already?? It seems like just yesterday you posted that she would be here tomorrow!
Can't believe it has already been 1 month! So cute!
Post a Comment