Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
I am so sad for many reasons. All 30 years of my life involve all four of my grandparents, and 17 of those years were spent living next door to Mamaw. It's hard and strange to think about her being gone. However, in my sadness, I am also rejoicing. Mamaw suffered from Alzheimer's/Dementia, and while she was not to the point it was unbearable to those caring for her, she was progressively getting worse. Just this past Sunday my dad was telling me of an incident where Mamaw was incredibly hateful to Papaw about something and daddy just commented with, "I am really praying that she would just pass away peacefully in her sleep" and she basically did just that. How can you not rejoice when you see the Lord answer prayer? Not to mention God's mercy we see in not allowing her to suffer for a long time.
Since I am just a week out from having Arden, there is no way feasible for me to travel home for the funeral. (The only real option would be to fly with Arden alone, and nobody thinks I've recovered enough for that!) Of course, my heart is in Arkansas and I am super sad to not be celebrating her life with the rest of our family. But I KNOW what my Mamaw would say..."You need to take care of that sweet baby." So that's what I'm doing...staying in Louisville and treasuring all the memories I have of her. Oh, how thankful I am for the few days in March that Kendall spent with Mamaw and Papaw.
I am thankful for the legacy Mamaw leaves in so many different areas. She and Papaw celebrated 65 years of marriage about two weeks ago. What a blessing and example to all! I would also attribute much of my desire to love and be a great keeper of my home to her. I can't think of anything Mamaw loved more than caring for her home and for her family. I just have so many great memories of my Mamaw and I'm incredibly thankful for this lady who had such a huge impact on my life.
Mamaw, you will be missed!
3 comments:
Leah, I am so sorry for your loss. I always remember your Mamaw being the sweetest lady. We will be praying for God's comfort for you and you family.
So sorry to hear that Leah! Praying for you. I understand it must be hard to not be able to come to AR. Praying for your entire family!
I so sorry about the loss of your Mamaw, but what an amazing blessing that you have had them in your life for so many years. I know your girls will miss out on that with your mom, but you know what I've discovered? Even though we lost my dad/grandpa before Cade and Riley were even born he's still so real to them because we have kept his memory alive for the boys. A few days ago Ri was climbing the tree off the deck and he said "mom, I bet Papa up in heaven would love to see me so high up in this tree." Riley never even met Papa, but I've loved telling them storied about how much he loved to climb trees and how proud he was of his grandkids when they did.
Post a Comment