Happy Resurrection Sunday!
I certainly wasn't planning on Arden arriving in time to attend church on Easter, but what a special memory that today was her first trip to church! I will say that this didn't go down without event, though. We were actually running early, and I had enough time to snap a picture of the girls before we left. Kendall had a major meltdown because we wouldn't let her wear Tatumn's coat in the picture, so she and her daddy had to have some "time" before the picture. Then, as Evan started loading up the girls in the 4-Runner, it wouldn't turn over! Finally it cranked, and we made it around the corner before it started acting funny again and we decided to turn around and switch vehicles. (Oh, vehicle issues. The story of our life right now!) Thankfully, we still made it in time for Arden to nurse before the service.
Evan and I rarely attend a worship service on Sunday morning--we go to our BFG, then teach the 4 year olds in the second hour. We let Kendall sit through half of the service, and I found such great joy celebrating our Savior's resurrection with my little family. Arden was precious...she stayed awake through quite a bit of the service and made very few sounds. She is such a sweet baby. We really are so blessed.
We ended up eating a Chinese buffet lunch, and coming home to veg out. Kendall played outside in the rain for a while with her new Fancy Nancy umbrella and got soaking wet! My Aunt Marva flew in this afternoon to help us out, and we are happy to have her here with us.
So thankful today for the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Evan and I love the song Before the Throne of God Above, and I couldn't help but tear up as we sang these words in church this morning:
Because a sinless Savior died, My sinful soul is counted free;
For God, the Just, is satisfied To look on Him and pardon me
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Praise the One, Risen Son of God!

2 comments:
in spite of the "moment" you had...the picture is precious!
Sweet picture of two beautiful girls.
Post a Comment