Alright, Cassie. Here's your belly shot. :)
Yesterday was the big ultrasound day, and we are super excited to have another sweet little GIRL joining our family in May! We are even more overjoyed that our precious one is healthy, growing well, and that everything looks great! Kendall changed her tune and has been telling us for a couple of months that she's having a baby sister, not a baby brother, and while we were okay with either a boy or a girl, we are a little bit glad that we don't have to convince her of the opposite!
The whole finding out thing was extremely uneventful. Most of you know we chose to not find out with Kendall, and it was just fun. We went in yesterday, and the lady doing our ultrasound was very talkative and just conversing about life in general. Finally, I cut in and said, "Can you just tell us exactly what we are looking at and what you are seeing?" She started pointing out things, and I said, "Oh, I think I see boy parts!" She said, "Well, if that's a boy, that's the smallest boy I've ever seen! You're having a girl" and then went back to just talking about everything else. I don't really know how I expected it to go, but I don't think I envisioned it like that!
Pregnancy is going well so far. I feel pretty well, with the exception of the heartburn and indigestion (which doesn't seem as bad as it was with Kendall) and feeling tired more easily. I notice this most when doing normal household cleaning/chores, especially carrying laundry to and from the basement. I am enjoying all the holiday foods, especially sweets, and have actually stopped buying a lot of things just for self-control purposes. (Don't ask Evan about how long cookie dough and chocolate have lasted around here!) Grilled cheese sandwiches have become a favorite for lunch as of lately, and soups and warm, wintry foods still sound great to me for most meals.
And, in case you are wondering, we DO have a name picked out. I will try later this weekend to do a post on that and why we chose it. We all love it, even Kendall. :)
Praising the Lord for a healthy baby and anxiously awaiting HER arrival!!
The whole finding out thing was extremely uneventful. Most of you know we chose to not find out with Kendall, and it was just fun. We went in yesterday, and the lady doing our ultrasound was very talkative and just conversing about life in general. Finally, I cut in and said, "Can you just tell us exactly what we are looking at and what you are seeing?" She started pointing out things, and I said, "Oh, I think I see boy parts!" She said, "Well, if that's a boy, that's the smallest boy I've ever seen! You're having a girl" and then went back to just talking about everything else. I don't really know how I expected it to go, but I don't think I envisioned it like that!
Pregnancy is going well so far. I feel pretty well, with the exception of the heartburn and indigestion (which doesn't seem as bad as it was with Kendall) and feeling tired more easily. I notice this most when doing normal household cleaning/chores, especially carrying laundry to and from the basement. I am enjoying all the holiday foods, especially sweets, and have actually stopped buying a lot of things just for self-control purposes. (Don't ask Evan about how long cookie dough and chocolate have lasted around here!) Grilled cheese sandwiches have become a favorite for lunch as of lately, and soups and warm, wintry foods still sound great to me for most meals.
And, in case you are wondering, we DO have a name picked out. I will try later this weekend to do a post on that and why we chose it. We all love it, even Kendall. :)
Praising the Lord for a healthy baby and anxiously awaiting HER arrival!!
2 comments:
YAY!! So happy for all of you!
Yay! Another little beauty! Congrats! Sorry the tech was so chatty about everything other than your sweet baby. Can't wait to hear the name you have picked out!
Post a Comment