The holiday festivities have begun! Yippee! Our December calendar has started off with a bang and it's full, but not so full that we can't enjoy this season for its true meaning. Our house is decorated and we've been enjoying many mornings and afternoons of Christmas tunes playing on Pandora. I just love this time of year!
This past week, I hosted a little play date at our house for some of Kendall's friends and their mommies. We had such a fun time! I fixed a soup and salad lunch, and we let the kiddos decorate cupcakes. I also found a salt dough recipe that can be baked to make Christmas ornaments, so we did that as well. (The dough was a little bit sticky and made a mess, but it was still fun!)
OnThursday evening, I turned around and hosted a drop-in fellowship for the ladies in our BFG. Everyone has different schedules, so we've learned that making events come-and-go with a lengthy time frame works out really well. I think the last of the guests left around 11:15 that night! We had such a great time visiting and eating. I'm very thankful for all the friendships I've formed through our class. (I'm also thankful that Evan doesn't mind hiding away in the basement so the girls can invade his territory!)
OnThursday evening, I turned around and hosted a drop-in fellowship for the ladies in our BFG. Everyone has different schedules, so we've learned that making events come-and-go with a lengthy time frame works out really well. I think the last of the guests left around 11:15 that night! We had such a great time visiting and eating. I'm very thankful for all the friendships I've formed through our class. (I'm also thankful that Evan doesn't mind hiding away in the basement so the girls can invade his territory!)
Then, today, Kendall attended the annual Christmas tea party hosted by the precious Roy family. (Oh, she was so cute in her Christmas outfit, but REFUSED to let me take her picture before we left! Boo!) Evan was off work today, so we spent a couple of hours together while Kendall was off playing with her friends. I'm not sure what all went on at the tea-party, but Kendall came home with freshly painted fingernails, a candy cane painted on her face, and told me they sang Jingle Bells. She also made two precious little nativity crafts, one of which is pictured below made from graham crackers, icing, pretzels and other candies.
We have several other fun Christmas activities planned...another Christmas themed play date this week and Evan's work party next Saturday. We're also hoping to take Kendall to look at Christmas lights and possibly her first trip to the movie theater. More to come!

2 comments:
more belly pics!!
Looks like you are fitting right into the stay at home mommy role.
Post a Comment