Thursday, November 18, 2010

Playing Catch Up

I've not done a very good job of posting about the ordinary things lately, and I'm sure someday I will be sad if I don't have some sort of documentation! HA! Beware...lots of pictures to follow. :)


My dad came up the weekend of Kendall's birthday. It was a pretty quick visit, but lots of fun. He hadn't purchased Kendall a birthday present yet, so we took her to Target to pick out her own gift. This was somewhat of a difficult concept for her, as her experience has always been just "looking" at Target. It took her a while to decide on what she wanted, but she finally decided on Candyland and a movie.

One of my dad's favorite things to do when he comes to visit is to treat us to dinner. Oh, how I'm thankful that he loves good food! HA! We decided to go eat barbecue on this particular visit, and Evan and I both had leftovers that we were so excited about taking home and having for lunch on Sunday. Well, what do you know, but I left our take-home box on the table at the restaurant! On Sunday morning, we were getting ready to leave, and there was some money lying beside Evan's keys. When I asked who left their money, daddy said, "Oh, that's for y'all. I figured since you forgot your leftovers last night, that I'd treat y'all to lunch." So sweet. I'm so thankful for my dad's generosity! He's forever doing little things like that for us (and I know he doesn't just do it for us!) that are just so kind. It makes me want to be more generous.




Every fall, our BFG has a class fellowship at our teacher's house, followed by a trip to a corn maze in Indiana. Evan and I have never been able to attend, until this year! We were so excited to get to go. It really was a lot of fun and the fellowship was good, too!



Thursday is probably my favorite day of the week, mainly because of ladies' bible study at church. Such a great time of fellowship, and learning more about the Bible. This year, we did two different studies-one was a book study, Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney (great book!) and the last part of the semester was spent studying Colossians (loved this, too. learned a TON!). My friend Chanda had to rearrange her work schedule a little to be able to attend, so we volunteered to bring her sweet daughter (and one of Kendall's best buddies), Leah, home with us to play for the afternoon. Kendall and Leah really play so well together and are so much fun! We loved having Leah on Thursdays, and will miss her over the next couple of months!
Not to long ago, I found Kendall taking items off a bookshelf in our living room and moving them to this table. I asked her what she was doing and she replied with, "Redecorating." Ahh...she is her mother's child. :)

One of Kendall and Evan's favorite bonding activities is making pancakes. (This is good, because while I cook a lot of things well, I make TERRIBLE pancakes. I don't really like to eat pancakes that much, either, so I just leave this whole activity for them to enjoy!) Pretty much every day that Evan is off work, Kendall asks for pancakes and pretty much every day Evan is off work, he makes pancakes. I just love it and always want to remember these sweet times!





Evan was off work last Saturday. It was really nice; he's not off on Saturdays much and on this particular one, we didn't have anything planned. The weather was decent-overcast and fairly warm-so we decided to go to the park. We started out at our favorite park (we don't know the name of it, so we just call it the secret park, but it's the one between Seneca and Cherokee) and played there for a while. We decided we were hungry for pizza, so we picked up a cheap one and took it to Brown Park (my second favorite!) to eat, then played there for a while. Such a fun day! Kendall had a blast!















Kendall's friend, Emma, recently had a birthday, so her mom invited us over for a playdate this week. So fun! Stephanie, Emma's mom, fixed a fantastic lunch of sweet potato and chicken chowder, along with brie and apple stuffed chicken. (Of course, the girls ate chicken nuggets and french fries!) Stephanie has become such a dear friend to me, so she and I certainly enjoyed visiting while the girls played.




At one point during our playdate, Stephanie and I were sitting at the dining table, and all of a sudden we realized how quiet it had become. We decided to go check on the girls. When we realized the bedroom door was closed, we knew they were probably up to no good. We opened the door and heard shrieks of delight...Kendall and Emma had the baby lotion, hand sanitizer, and baby powder out, and it was EVERYWHERE. The girls were covered in it-hands, faces, poofs of powder in the air...Emma had a HUGE blob in her hand and was rubbing it into the carpet. (Thankfully the carpet is the indoor/outdoor type that is easily cleaned!) All we could do was laugh, and clean the girls up...it really was quite hilarious! Stephanie said, "Emma, you better be glad it's your birthday because you'd be in BIG trouble if it weren't!" HA! Needless to say, the girls smelled good and had soft hands for the rest of the day!

This is Kendall getting some "big sister" practice on Emma's sweet little brother, Ethan. He is SO precious, and we had such fun playing with him, too!


We are looking VERY forward to Thanksgiving week...Evan's parents will be here late on Tuesday and stay until the following Sunday. We are celebrating Thanksgiving with our friends Beth and Kelly for the third year, and always look forward to such a sweet, fun time!


2 comments:

Kara said...

I love the redecorating story! Enjoy your holiday!

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

Love all of the cute pics! That is such a sweet one of your dad and Kendall kissing!