Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fall

The weather teased us a little over Labor Day weekend, as we had some cooler than normal temperatures, so I decided I would put together a little something for our front door. We have done so much work to the inside of our house over the last two years, that the outside looks a little neglected and sad. I did get around to painting our front door last spring, but it really still needs another coat of paint, and since the trim on our house needs to be painted as well, painting the door black didn't really help a whole lot. Anyway, I already had the metal container and have always loved it, and thought the front door would be a great place for it. You can't tell in the picture, but I used a washcloth and rubbed a little gold paint on the container, just so it wasn't black on black. I can't decide if I like it or not. I'm not real big on artificial flowers AT ALL, so I stuck with the dried, naturals at Hobby Lobby. I think I spent about $8 total, and for $8, I'm happy.


I'm always sad to say goodbye to the sun and water in the summer (and my summer glow!), but love the change of seasons and will be happy to see fall roll in soon. We are already enjoying Razorback football and my pregnant body is craving lots of soup and apples. Now, if the cooler temperatures would just come along, we'd be set!

No comments: