Monday, May 10, 2010

The other reason Thursday was great

Leah is too modest to toot her own horn, so I'm going to do it for her.

Some of you may know that a couple of months ago Leah was asked to write a week's worth of devotions for EC magazine. EC is Christian magazine for teenagers published by Lifeway. On Thursday, Leah received several copies of the June issue that featured the devotions she wrote. If you have ever had something you've written published, you know how exciting it is to see your first "by-line." I highly recommend you all run out to your nearest Lifeway Christian Store and buy a copy of the magazine!

P.S. - keep you eyes open for more of Leah's writing in future issues of EC. The editor asked her to write another set of devotions for one of the Fall issues.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

That is great! I'm sure the Lord will use it greatly. Who knows where it will lead. Proud of you!

Sheila

Kara said...

OH! I will check it out. I remember walking with Leah once and she told me that she wanted to write for devotionals. That was back when she first found out she was going to have Kendall!

Beth said...

way to go Leah!!

Cassie said... said...

that's awesome! I can't wait to see it.

Karen L. said...

LEAH!!! that is awesome! i can't wait to read it! Evan- thank you for letting us know!

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

Yay for Leah!!

Unknown said...

Congrats that is great.

Meredith said...

Wow! A published writer in the family. Congrats Leah! That is a huge deal.

The "W" Family said...

Very cool!

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

Leah - that is awesome!! I can't wait to read it.

Tory D. Giddens said...

Way cool! Look forward to seeing it!

Kedra