We have learned that we are just that couple that when one crazy thing happens, about a million other things are going to follow. Today has been nothing less.
Today on the way home from work and picking Kendall up from school, Evan called me. In this extremely calm voice he said, "Are you home yet?" I said, "No, why?" He said, "Because when I came out of the courthouse just now, my car is not where I parked it." (Mind you, there is no excitement in Evan's voice. Calm, cool, and collected.) I said, "WHAT? Your car is not where you left it? Like it got stolen?" Evan said, "Well, the meter hasn't run out, so I'm thinking it was stolen. Can you give me the registration number and phone number off the insurance card so I can see where the car is?" I gave Evan the info he wanted, told him to call me ASAP, and hung up.
Evan called back about 10 minutes later, saying that he was pretty sure his car got towed, and not stolen (thankfully!). Apparently there was a sign that said "Street Cleaning from 3-6 pm, NO PARKING" and Evan was working in the courthouse from about 12-3 pm. He missed the cut-off by about 30 minutes. Evan asked if I could come get him and take him to the impound lot.
I got to the courthouse, we then found the impound lot, and sure enough Evan's car was there. $125 later, we got his car back.
The impound lot was in a busy area of Louisville where the streets are very narrow, and people also park in the street. As I was sitting at a red lighton one of these very narrow streets, an 18-wheeler came down the cross street, needing to turn left. Oh, yes. In his attempt to left turn, the middle of the trailer hit the front of my car. I pulled over, got out of the car and saw a dent on the driver's side. Neither Kendall nor I was hurt (thankfully), and the dent wasn't huge, but my dad always told me to call 911, no matter how big or small the accident. I decided to call Evan to see what he wanted me to do, and he said to go ahead and call 911 and he would come to the accident scene as soon as he got finished at the impound lot. Evan arrived at the accident scene about the same time as the police did, only to notice that the "big" dent that I saw was a dent that was there from when he t-boned the Dominos delivery girl two years ago. The 18-wheeler did in fact leave a dent on the front bumper, but it's so small, I didn't even see it and Evan doesn't think it's worth fixing.
Do you know how ignorant I felt standing out there, making the officers fill out all that paperwork? Not to mention that the officer called me back to get MORE information???
Oh, goodness. I was so thankful for a Chick-Fil-A sandwich and waffle fries after that was all over with! Crazy, crazy! Tomorrow can only be better, right?!?!? :)
2 comments:
Sorry.. but I was laughing out loud at the dent that you thought was new. That totally sounds like something I would do!:) I am really sorry that Evan's car got impounded, that really stinks!!.. And glad your accident wasn't worse!
H
God was protecting your family from some unseen danger by stalling you both at different times.....you just never know!!!!
Post a Comment