Last year, when we received all the ice and snow, we didn't take Kendall out to play. I guess we thought she was just a little too small to actually enjoy it. Yesterday was a different story.
I was in debate about taking her out, being that the temperature was 12 degrees, with -3 windchill factor. COLD! However, I'm afraid she is going to turn into a couch potato soon if we aren't able to get outside more often! Sooo...we bundled up and headed out for about 20 minutes or so.




We enjoyed it long enough to warrant coming inside, taking a warm bath, and drinking some hot chocolate with marshmallows. :)
Later that day, Kendall and I were sitting on the couch reading books. One of her favorites of late is Olivia Forms a Band. Super cute book, and actually was somewhat of an inspiration when I decorated Kendall's room. The title is pretty self-explanatory--Olivia the pig creates a band at her house before going to a fireworks display with her family. As we were reading, I get this bright idea for Kendall to make a band. So...we did. I got out my stainless steel mixing bowls and several different kitchen utensils to use as drumsticks. Kendall loved it!



6 comments:
Looks like she had fun in the snow!!! I love the band you built in the kitchen! Too cute!!! Thinking about you often!
snow days are the very very best!
i almost feel the hurt in my gut longing for the kitchen band days. so i just cherish what's left of the play-in-the-snow days. love them.
kendall is just getting so big and prettier every day (if that's possible!)
Cute (loud) idea!
Cute snow pics!!
Tatumn loves to play with my kitchen stuff too! SOmetimes I think I should have invested the money that we spent on her kitchen on buying some new kitchen stuff for myself because she prefers my stuff over hers any day!!
She is getting so big Leah! What a doll! I got your message about not being in NWA for long- we were actually gone a lot too. Maybe next time! I would love to see ya'll again! Take care! Thx for your sweet comment on my blog! I added you to our list- hope you don't mind!
Post a Comment