We just returned home from a very last-minute trip to Fayetteville. More on that later. I am extremely exhausted and really should be asleep, but I wanted to document the drive home, before these thoughts leave my mind.
Tonight I felt as though my family was nestled tightly in the hand of God as we traveled. All day, we drove through spitting snow, but about 90 miles outside of Louisville, things got pretty nasty. The roads were extremely slick and several cars were off in the ditch. At one point, we watched a police car spin around in front of us. From 8:45 until 10:00, we traveled a total of four miles due to the stand-still traffic on I-64 East.
As miserable as all three of us felt in our shoebox of a car, we were so thankful to be sitting in the warmth watching Strawberry Shortcake for the third time than to be stuck on the side of the road in the cold. God was truly guarding us and watching over us as we traveled.
Tonight I'm so very thankful for the power of prayer, my extra-cautious driver of a husband, and my (for the most part) content and well-behaved daughter. I'm thankful for the sack of snacks I put together before leaving last week, pull-ups, and portable DVD players. I'm thankful for stickers, books, baby dolls, and all the other things that keep my precious one occupied for (what was supposed to be a 10 hour trip) 12+hours. I'm thankful for that Blizzard I ate at the Dairy Queen, even though I complained about it being too much. It certainly stuck to my ribs! I'm thankful to come home and find my dad and nephews hanging out in my living room, who also traveled on some icy roads. Having them here makes leaving Fayetteville not sting so badly.
And most of all, I'm thankful for God's hand of protection heavy upon my family tonight. Thank You, Lord!
2 comments:
God is soooo good!!! Enjoy your dad and nephews -- I know you guys will have lots of fun!
Glad you made it home safe!
Post a Comment