Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pottery Barn Story Hour

Our favorite way to spend Tuesday morning is at Pottery Barn Kids' Story Time. Story time is at the mall, in the seating area right in front of the PBK store. One of the clerks comes out and reads two stories, then sings a bunch of songs with the kids. Kendall seems to enjoy it so much and it's a great way to practice sitting and listening skills. She's also learned many songs this way--The Hokey Pokey, Old Mc Donald, and The Wheels on the Bus.

I took my camera along yesterday, and tried to get some video. I tried to keep the camera on Kendall, just for the sake of the other children attending, so it might be hard to get the full affect. Kendall was one of the first ones to get the jingle bells this week, and you can see how excited she is about that in one of the videos. You will also see that she was a little reluctant to share them. :) She's usually a little more into the songs...I think she knew I was filming and was acting a little shy!

Oh, the other great part about story hour is for every five times we attend, we get a $10 coupon for the store. Using this coupon, I was able to purchase Kendall a new backpack for $10! What a steal!

No comments: