I'm sure I could write a LONG post about Kendall's two-year-old fits, her sassy-ness, and how sometimes she can drive her mama and daddy crazy, but it's so much more fun to write about what a joy she is to our home.
Kendall is really into her baby dolls these days. She has a couple of favorites, but she plays with them all. She likes to sleep with at least one and uses different ones as she plays throughout the day. Kendall pushes them around the block in her little stroller thing and often feeds them in the high chair. One day, I found one of her baby dolls on the potty, like this:




Kendall enjoys doing LOTS of motherly, girly type things. Anytime I start to load the dishwasher, she tries to push a chair next to the sink to do the "washing" as she calls it. My sister gave Kendall some flavored chap-stick when we were in Arkansas this summer, so everyday when I'm getting ready, Kendall puts her "make-up" on, too. ADORABLE!!! Last night, Evan was getting ready to give Kendall a bath. Kendall undressed herself and took her clothes from the bathroom to the laundry hamper in our bedroom without any prompting at all.

Most people always say that little girls are more fun to dress than little boys. I don't know if I agree with that statement, as I see some really cute little boy clothes out there these days, but I do know that finding clothes for Kendall is really, really fun! This spring, The Children's Place had a CUTE skirt and top that just SCREAMED Kendall to me. Confession: I don't just love The Children's Place. I know. That's kind-of strange, huh? I think they have cute things, but it's just not my style all the time. For some reason, though, I fell in love with this particular outfit. My plan was to just watch for the skirt to go on sale, since it was a little bit more than I wanted to pay at full price, but I sent the link to Evan's mom and several days later, we had a package in the mail with the adorable skirt!
One afternoon a few weeks ago, I decided to dress Kendall up in that oh-so-cute skirt and top and take her picture, since I rarely get her picture in anything but her play clothes. She was all about playing dress up that day, but DID NOT want to have her picture made, even when I bribed her with chocolate chips! HA!


What else can I tell you about my child? She is a constant chatterbox. We never know what will come out of her mouth next. She is really "into" emotions/feelings these days, recognizing when she or someone else is happy, sad, crying, tired, etc. Anyone who works in her nursery class at church is always amazed at how she knows all her friends' names, and often recognizes their parents. One of Kendall's little friends, Judah, wears his green rain boots everywhere. We were out one day and passed by a rack of rain boots to which Kendall says, "Look, Judah's shoes!" I loved it.
Oh, Kendall. Could you be any more precious?!!?!?!

3 comments:
That skirt is super cute just like Kendall.
i love hearing how so in love with kendall you are! it reminds me of allee at that age. don't forget to refer back to your blog posts often when she's 16! :)
miss you guys!
Love the Children's Place outfit! She looks so cute in that!
Post a Comment