So, I swore I would keep up with Kendall's scrapbook for a whole year and not be one of those that let it go to the wayside. Here she is, turning two in October, and her album is as far as Christmas 2007. She was six weeks old. In my defense, I do have most of the pages done, but it's a chore to sort through and order the pictures.
Thank goodness that we have a blog, right?
This actually happened about a month ago, but I just want to make sure we remember, because it was so stinkin' funny.
One Friday night, we were all just snacking around for dinner, and I fixed Kendall a plate of food (cheese, crackers, hummus, fruit...whatever) and then got out some chips and salsa for myself. I knew the minute Kendall saw the chips and salsa, she would want some and that would be it for her actual meal. This had become a habit for Kendall-asking for certain food, fixing a plate, then not eating it-and we were trying to nip it. So, I told Kendall she needed to eat the rest of her cheese and she could have some chips and salsa.
You would have thought we asked the kid to eat hot coals or something, because it turned into an all-out war. She threw a huge fit and just got really ugly about the whole thing, pushing her plate across the table and whatnot. Evan ended up taking over the discipline and I ended up leaving to go to the grocery store. No kidding, it was an hour-and-a-half ordeal. Evan left her at the table, where she wore herself out from crying and fell asleep. (Which, if you know Kendall at all, she sleeps almost nowhere except her bed.)
The funny part of the story was at one point, after a moment of discipline, Evan asked Kendall if she was going to get back up in her chair and eat her cheese, to which Kendall replied with, "YES!" He put her back in the chair, and the fit comes again. Evan then says, "Are you lyin' to daddy?" Kendall (who is a master at animal sounds) replies with the most ferocious "RROOAARR!!!"
Get it? Lion? Roar? Oh yes. It was very difficult to keep a straight face. I actually had to go outside I was laughing so hard!
End of the story-Kendall did eat her cheese, after Evan woke her up from the table. They snuggled on the couch for a little bit and watched some baseball, then she went to bed. We've had a few minor food issues since, but nothing compared to that night! Maybe she learned her lesson?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment