The women's ministry at our church hosts a tea and fashion show as an outreach event each year. It's really a neat thing--the theme is always something to do with "dressing for less" with clothes purchased on sale, at consignment stores, goodwill, etc, etc. This year's title theme was "Devine Design, Dressing on a Dime" with the decor being black, white, and red.
Back in June I got a call to see if I would be interested in heading up the decorating committee for the event. While I knew it was going to be a big job, I was very honored and blessed to have been asked! I love decorating, and besides my wedding, this was the first BIG job I've ever been in charge of! Basically, I was given the color scheme and a budget amount and was told to go with it.
Everything turned out beautifully. I was able to round up enough silver pieces and glass hurricanes to alternate tables, then used the budgeted money to purchase black and red feather boas, different fabrics, and glass beads for finishing out the look. The team of ladies that signed up to help were AMAZING and probably did more of the actual decorating than I did! I think we even came in under budget!

2 comments:
you did s great job! I love those colors together
Leah that looks beautiful! You know I love the feathers. Great job.
Post a Comment