While Kendall was playing this afternoon, I ran down to the basement for a minute. Anytime she figures out one of us is downstairs, Kendall is hot on our heels to go. Being that our basement is not all that kid-friendly right now, we rarely let her go and usually shut the door to the stairs behind us.
Not sure why, but the people who lived in the house before us put the lock on the outside of the door, not the inside. Part of the basement does have a lovely black carpet. Maybe it was a dungeon some sort?!
Anyway, Kendall locked me in the basement today. I could see her standing at the top of the stairs through the door crack, and she could hear me, she just couldn't figure out how to unlock the door. After about five minutes of talking to her, I decided to get a screwdriver. Thankfully, there was an indention where the screwdriver would fit to turn the lock and I quickly escaped. So, it really wasn't too big of a deal.
The really funny part is that Evan and I stopped at Taco Bell on the way home from church tonight. While we were sitting there eating, I said, "Kendall, did you tell daddy that you locked mommy in the basement today?" Kendall looks at Evan and says, "Mommy, door. Knock, knock!"
4 comments:
Just an FYI - locks are on the outside of basement doors to prevent people from getting upstairs if they break in through the basement. (Shudder...) My grandparents had the same lock. It always made me feel safe.
I know it's not a great habit to be developing, but I think it's super cute that she can lock doors! :) I hope you're enjoying summer so far!
HaHaHa. I think she has outsmarted you guys!
Seriously, this girl is trouble! I think she has this stuff figured out! haha! That makes me laugh!
How funny is that! (Well, funny for me...I wasn't locked in the dungeon :)
Post a Comment